Thread Like Summary
Kodiak
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Tweeter in Axiom speakers M5HP #445149 04/29/2022 5:12 PM
by Chiru
Chiru
Hello Everyone,

I am looking to purchase three speakers for my home theater. I have narrowed it to 3 OWM5HP or 3 ONVP160. I wanted to know the quality of the components used in these speakers. I am not finding any good information on Axiom website.

Other speaker brands have information on the technology used in the tweeters and woofers. For example Dynaudio and Revel explain what improvements were made to the tweeter or have pictures of the tweeter. For Axiom, I am not finding any such information on its website.

For HP woofer, they say they use large voice coil and Andrew shows the woofer in the video but there are good close up pictures of the woofer or tweeters. I am more interested in the tweeter. The size of the tweeter in the YouTube is very small compared to other tweeters of other brands.

Has anyone opened the Axiom speaker and looked inside the speaker ? Do you have any pictures of the tweeter that is used in M5HP speaker ?

Thanks
Chiru
Liked Replies
Re: Tweeter in Axiom speakers M5HP #445159 Apr 30th a 03:53 PM
by aaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
Originally Posted by Mojo
How do you plan to evaluate the "quality" of the components from their photos?

If I were to judge the quality of a driver or tweeter or otherwise objectively I would find similar items on parts express or solen or madisound etc. and estimate parts cost. You can probably get really close.

Having said that, I believe Andrew and Ian have been able to take good parts and execute great outcomes with their clever designs. I think they punch above their weight because the dollars go directly into sound moreso than other outfits. If it doesnt prove out in blind testing it doesnt make past prototype stages.

I replied to Chiru’s PM vouching for at least a trial. I think he has a lot of options but the internet makes objective research pretty tough these days. And besides, there are some gorgeous competing speakers on offer…. Status or trophy items sure are tempting.

I guess bottom line is I can afford other speakers but chose Axiom after listening to many over my journey through the hobby. Its like anything else, once you get proficient at something you can get more out of a simpler set of tools than you may think are required when you are starting out. I see speakers as tools, and they do a job. Simple. These ones do the job extremely well if you understand how to operate the tools properly.
1 member likes this

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,473
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441