Thread Like Summary
Mojo
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Axiom Subwoofers vs other brands. Need compact. #445282 05/08/2022 3:39 PM
by Eblack12
Eblack12
I am starting to research which subwoofer to get along with my M5HP onwalls and VP100 OW for my small space i have my home theater in. Its roughly a 9x10 ft space. However, one side of the space does open up into a larger room in my basement so its not a truly closed 9x10 space. The M5s arent pointed out towards the open part so the sound reflects well in the space as it is and sound great.

I am specifically looking for a sub in compact package. I have been considering the EP-125 by axiom as its smaller, but I am also looking at the SVS micro 3000. I am considering the SVS as it takes up very little space, comes with metal grills over the dual subs, which to me is a great feature as i have two dogs that like to play with balls on the ground. The axiom would fit better looks wise, but has a cloth grill. The SVS would not look out of place. I like the SVS by how small it is.

Just wondering if any of you have any experience with SVS subs vs Axiom and if it came down to it what your thoughts would be.

Thank you.
Liked Replies
Re: Axiom Subwoofers vs other brands. Need compact. #445284 May 8th a 03:55 PM
by aaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
I have owned both and messed with both in a few rooms. If you are looking for value vs output go with SVS. If you are looking for sound quality and tunability go Axiom. Honestly, I would just buy an Axiom EP500 and never look back. Holy cow do they rock for what they are. But I am biased and push them on virtually all my installs. Owners are never let down though. Usually get a "holy shit" out of them. Then grins.

If you do go with Axiom be sure to order with rubber feet and place on carpet. I can make Axiom subs make bad noises on hardwood floors or spiked through carpet at low frequencies and high spl. There is a sympathetic frequency that causes a hammering effect and the floor to rubber feet interface being somewhat springy like carpet cancels this issue. Tip from the trenches. I don't blame the subs... High spl at low freq= kinetic energy.
1 member likes this

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (Hambrabi), 418 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup