Thread Like Summary
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Onkyo Receiver making a click noise randomly #445353 05/12/2022 12:01 PM
by Eblack12
Eblack12
Good Morning,

Over the last two weeks while running the new M5HP speakers on the Onkyo TX-NR6050, the receiver will make a random click noise every now and again. The sound is like the click noise it makes when you turn it off and on, so it sound like a relay flipping. When I watch tv or movies, it rarely ever clicks, but when I am listening to louder music, it will click every few minutes especially if there is a higher amount of bass in the sound.

The click is low volume, but its enough to hear it and its coming directly from the receiver and not through the speakers. I checked the settings of the receiver for an eco mode, but the receiver doesnt have anything like that. It does have an impedance selector which is 6 or above or 4. I have it set to 6 and above.

Is this normal for a receiver to make this sound in the middle of playing sound with no changes to the sound type or anything?

Should I request a replacement receiver and test that one to see if it makes the sound as well? It looks like costco will send me a new one and I can just return the old to the warehouse within 30 days.

Thank you.
Liked Replies
Re: Onkyo Receiver making a click noise randomly #445506 May 22nd a 01:56 AM
by rrlev
rrlev
Originally Posted by Mojo
That is IT! In protest to support Eblack, I'll be flattening my Onk with my 10 lb sledge followed by a ceremonial ignition in my firepit.
Don't forget to post the pictures smile
1 member likes this

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044