Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Amie New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/18/08 04:56 PM
Hi Everyone;

We're just in the final stages of creating a ranking system for our products that everyone can participate in. If you have a few minutes and would like to contribute, please go to the page on our site for any product that you own and give it a ranking out of 5 stars. If you would like to leave a little text feedback, even better! As soon as we collect a few comments we'll be able to start posting the star rankings on the site.

The Customer Ranking link is to the right of the price on the product pages.

Thanks for your help!
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/18/08 05:07 PM
Er... I can't find it. I can see all the new details on the pages, but everywhere I go, no "ranking" (unless it auto-attributed ***** for me! \:\) )
Posted By: Ken.C Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/18/08 05:24 PM
I think you have to sign up for an account and then enter it.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/18/08 05:30 PM
I think I simply did not pay attention enough to the part "We're just in the final stages" from Amie's post! \:\)
Posted By: Haoleb Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/18/08 06:06 PM
I just rated and wrote a small snippet for the M80. Looks like its working!

You have to login to use it however, Which i suppose is a smart idea as it keeps people from just putting up a bunch of bogus reviews and ratings.
Posted By: Amie Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/18/08 06:17 PM
Thanks so much - it's helping us troubleshoot the interface- much appreciated!
Posted By: spiffnme Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/19/08 12:06 AM
I can't log in. When I try to log in I'm told I've got the wrong password. When I ask for my password to be sent to me it says 'Account not found'. When I try to create an account I'm told that name is already taken. A vicious circle...
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/19/08 01:18 AM
Send an e-mail to Amie. It happened to me more than once. They might need to reset your password.
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/21/08 02:32 PM
There's definitely going to be some considerable selection bias in these ratings, given the source of the raters. Not that that is bad, though.

edit: Same login problem over here, too.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/21/08 03:05 PM
Is it a seperate account than what we use on the forums?
Posted By: James_T Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/21/08 03:50 PM
I was able to login and rate the M22s. I had to use my email address instead of my forum name.
Posted By: onn Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/21/08 03:51 PM
I tried to login using the same account as for the forum and could not get in so it must be a seperate account (I think)
Posted By: Haoleb Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/21/08 04:28 PM
its the account you would have used when you purchased your speakers
Posted By: onn Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/21/08 06:05 PM
I don't think I used an account to order my speakers. Just phoned the order in.
Mel N.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/21/08 06:06 PM
Likewise.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/21/08 09:16 PM
Posted By: coldrick Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/24/08 07:20 AM
Sort of an odd idea:mlike asking someone what they think of the decision they made to buy a car. Not too many people going to say I made a big mistake . . .

Regards,
David
Posted By: CV Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/24/08 07:34 AM
I know what you're saying, but cars might be a bad example. I hear people complain about their cars a lot.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/24/08 12:14 PM
Like this guy?
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/24/08 02:08 PM
 Originally Posted By: coldrick
Sort of an odd idea:mlike asking someone what they think of the decision they made to buy a car. Not too many people going to say I made a big mistake . . .

Regards,
David

A little cynical for your first post.

Many sites have user ratings available for their products. Would it be better to ask those who DON'T own (or haven't heard) Axiom speakers to rate them?

I don't want to come off as a simple fanboy here, but I've been here for years and can tell you that Axiom is a GREAT company with exemplary customer service. For you to walk in here and have your first post be a criticism smacks of trollship.....
Posted By: nickbuol Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/24/08 02:38 PM
^x2
Posted By: fredk Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/25/08 03:29 AM
OH oh. Marks ears are quivering and turning blue. There must be a Troll near by! ;\)

I'm kind of ambivilent about user ratings on things that cost a lot of money. Those of us who bought Axiom speakers are biased, even if they are the greatest speakers ever.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/25/08 05:48 PM
Is this thing making you sign up/register before you can use it? Would it not recognize that we are already signed into the forums?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/25/08 06:30 PM
It does not recognize forum logins, as far as I can tell.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/25/08 09:13 PM
Single sign-on is an elusive beast.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/25/08 09:17 PM
You don't say.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/26/08 12:56 AM
To sign in I have to use my old e-mail and password that I created when I bought my first M60's back in 2005. Completely different from the Forums log in.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/26/08 01:55 PM
I get emails from Axiom on like 3 email addresses, so I have no idea what one to use, I guess I will have to try them all.
Posted By: merchman Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/26/08 02:05 PM
Is there a way to read the reviews, or do you have to be logged in to rate them to be able to read them?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/26/08 02:07 PM
It appears right now you have to log in, or they maybe don't have them displayed yet, not sure...still trying to figure it out...Amie?
Posted By: merchman Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/26/08 02:12 PM
I figured I was doing something wrong. All I get is the page for much older customer reviews. I will keep trying and perhaps Amie can clear things up. \:\)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/26/08 02:23 PM
I just tried the 4 emails that I have had since becoming an Axiomite, none of them work. I do however, get the newsletter on 3 of them...

Oh well, I suppose a guy has to sign up again or something.

I even tried the "forgot password" option on all 4 emails, none of them worked.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/26/08 05:31 PM
If you bought items online and can look at your account, then that would be the e-mail and password to use, at least that's how it worked for me.
Posted By: Amie Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/26/08 05:33 PM
Sorry - we are not displaying them yet - waiting to get a few built up first. For now we're just showing the general reviews. But I'll let you know as soon as they are showing!

Randy, any luck?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 07/26/08 05:52 PM
nope, I can sign up again I guess. I've tried all the emails I've had since my first purchase, and even tried the "forgot password" thingy. \:\)

No big deal, I'm sure it will all work out..
Posted By: coldrick Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 08/02/08 06:58 AM
Touchy, aren't we?

No troll here, just received my Epic-60 HT and am happy. At least, I will be when I beat the Yamaha RX-V1800 into submission.

Regards,
David
Posted By: fredk Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 08/03/08 02:49 AM
Oooooh! Its my favourite kind. The paying Troll!!

Found you an avatar:

Mo Troll. ;\)
Posted By: coldrick Re: New Feature - Rate Your Speakers - 08/03/08 07:20 AM
Good one! \:D
© Axiom Message Boards