Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Amie Testing Axiom Speakers in Production: New Video - 05/15/13 04:53 PM
We've posted a new video! In response to a thread here on the forums, Andrew has made a video showing some of the steps that Axiom components and speakers go through for testing before they are shipped to you.

Let us know what you think, here or on our blog.
This pretty cool.
Good to know.
the kind of info i love to get. :-)
Excellent report by Andrew. Even veteran members probably weren't fully aware of the extent of Axiom quality control measures. Each driver and crossover is tested individually and then when assembled in the enclosure the completed speaker is tested. Ample reason for prospective owners to have confidence.
Now I want a hotdog!

Nice video. I never really thought about measuring the individual components, but that makes sense. The large OEMs probably do something similar, but this does give you absolute control over the process.
Great info and nice to know the actual process.

I'd always assumed each component was checked when first manufactured then the final speaker was tested before sending off to the purchaser, although the testing of each component and certainly the drivers is more intensive than I had thought.
Great video. It's reassuring to hear about the level of thought that goes into the whole testing process. I wonder how many manufacturers skimp on this aspect.
After having done the factory tour last summer, this is a great review.

I'd like to see an Axiom sub built from scratch & watch it go for a test ride up the tower outside, ha!

TAM
Thanks everyone at Axiom for putting something like this together. Simply outstanding.
Originally Posted By: JohnK
Excellent report by Andrew. Even veteran members probably weren't fully aware of the extent of Axiom quality control measures. Each driver and crossover is tested individually and then when assembled in the enclosure the completed speaker is tested. Ample reason for prospective owners to have confidence.

Well anyone who was on the tour "SHOULD" have known this....
OH wait, blinded by the sandwich table perhaps...

smile
pffffft
Very cool!
© Axiom Message Boards