Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ian Trade-up - 02/07/14 12:33 AM
We have been working on our Trade-up program recently in order to launch it as a full time feature on the site. Here is the link to the initial launch we will put live tomorrow http://axiomaudio.com/upgrade_program . Our goal in the longer run is to make it completely interactive so you can put your trade-in into your cart and check-out. For now it will be by phone or e-mail. What are your thoughts?
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Trade-up - 02/07/14 01:27 AM
Its a great idea.
Can V3 be traded up for V3 in a different color?
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Trade-up - 02/07/14 01:45 AM
Looks great, Ian.
Posted By: Ian Re: Trade-up - 02/07/14 01:55 AM
A colour change would be a bit of Trade-across as opposed to a Trade-up but I don't see any reason it shouldn't be ok.
Posted By: Mad_Chesser Re: Trade-up - 02/07/14 02:11 AM
I'm interested in trading up to the M100's.

There was a generous offer on the table in the past for me, I just couldn't in good conscience do it. lol

But this would a be legit way to get the speakers I REALLY want.

I bought my m80s about a month before they came out or so.

This is definitely awesome and look forward to taking advantage of this
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Trade-up - 02/07/14 10:31 PM
I notice that the frequency of updating the site must be well behind, as over 50% of the items listed are sold - some for several days.

Perhaps a section for currently offered and one for sold?
Posted By: Ian Re: Trade-up - 02/07/14 11:01 PM
Hi BBIBH,

I know what you mean. Steve has been doing the update once a week to the Refurb Store, which is not really enough, but we are trying to keep him focused on finishing the programing for the trade-up to be fully integrated right through check-out.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Trade-up - 02/07/14 11:56 PM
Hi Ian,

I thought I read somewhere that is was updated each morning when Steve came into work?
Posted By: Ian Re: Trade-up - 02/08/14 10:40 AM
I remember reading that too. But then there is the actual implementing of the plan.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Trade-up - 02/08/14 02:50 PM
Sounds like scope creep to me! :-)
I found the mention...by none other than Ian!

Could you tell us what day it is updated, to ease the urge to check regularly?
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Trade-up - 02/08/14 05:15 PM
ha!
Its a race to log on and get the deals...
Posted By: Ian Re: Trade-up - 02/08/14 07:16 PM
Starting Monday we should be able to start our daily update schedule.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Trade-up - 02/10/14 09:11 PM
I guess Monday was a no go?
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Trade-up - 02/12/14 06:03 PM
Since I upgraded from a VP100 to a VP160 last week, my normally dormant brain awoke & began considering a surround speaker upgrade using the Trade Up feature here.

I called Axiom to see if I could use my present QS4s plus my now unused VP100 to acquire some QS8s. But alas, only the QS4s were eligible for trade in - sniff!

For me the price differential between the 4s & 8s just wasn't worth the small performance gain. So now my pristine VP100 sits abandoned but safely stored in my garage...

TAM
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Trade-up - 02/12/14 06:10 PM
I wonder how the 100 would do as a height speaker?
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Trade-up - 02/12/14 06:42 PM
Hmmmm, I hadn't thought of that & it probably would work just fine; however, I don't think that I'm really sold on more than a 5.2 system in my medium size room...

TAM
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Trade-up - 02/12/14 08:06 PM
If I could go back, I would have gone 9.1 or even 11.1 with small speakers in a small purpose built room, not unlike the one we're finishing up.
I would have taken the difference in funds and put it into a more capable receiver and would probably have room in that same budget for a second matching ($500) sub.
I'd still be watching a TV though at a much closer viewing distance though, I'm not sure I can go back...
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Trade-up - 02/12/14 11:14 PM
Originally Posted By: brwsaw
If I could go back, I would have gone 9.1 or even 11.1 with small speakers in a small purpose built room, not unlike the one we're finishing up.
I would have taken the difference in funds and put it into a more capable receiver and would probably have room in that same budget for a second matching ($500) sub.
I'd still be watching a TV though at a much closer viewing distance though, I'm not sure I can go back...

I wish I could rephrase the quote above.
I have no interest in going smaller now and every interest in building a larger room/larger dedicated theater as soon as time and money will allow.
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Trade-up - 02/12/14 11:44 PM
Upgraditis is a wicked disease for which there is no known cure...

TAM
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Trade-up - 02/12/14 11:51 PM
Originally Posted By: exlabdriver
Upgraditis is a wicked disease for which there is no known cure...

TAM

unemployment
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Trade-up - 02/12/14 11:54 PM
I don't want to be cured (or unemployed).
I do not have a problem.
I do not have a problem..
I do not have a problem...

Why do people keep saying that?
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Trade-up - 02/13/14 12:04 AM
Unemployment just causes a remission in this condition, but it always seems to come back as virulent as ever, ha!

TAM
Posted By: MichaelTrottar Re: Trade-up - 02/13/14 09:46 AM
For me the cost differential between the 4s & 8s just wasn't value the little efficiency obtain.
© Axiom Message Boards