Axiom Home Page
In the earlier thread on a new look for our amps I mentioned the coming Pre-amp, Integrated Amps, Zone Amps, and Zone Pre-amps. All the input on the look was greatly appreciated and in the pictures below we have incorporated your thoughts into the current sample. As for the new products themselves here is a list of what will be available shortly:

Pre-amps:
The entry level pre-amp will be a 2 channel pre-amp with three inputs selectable from a front switch. The front panel will also have a balance control and a volume control. All the ins and outs will be RCA. Our working name for this model is the P-1000 Pre-amp.

The step-up pre-amp will be a 2-channel pre-amp with five inputs selectable from a front switch. The front panel will also have the balance control and the volume control. Two of the inputs will be balanced XLR in and three will be RCA. The outputs will be both RCA and XLR. Our working name for this model is the P-1500 Pre-amp.

Both of these pre-amps will be available as options for the LFR series of omnidirectional speakers with the DSP built in and outputs for both the front and rear channels.

Integrated Amps:
All of our ADA-1000 series amps will be available with the pre-amp built in and the three position input selector switch on the front. Our working name for these is IA-1000 series.
The IA-1000-4 is currently available as an option in “Customize Yours” for our omnidirectional speakers with the DSP built in.

Zone Amps:
Also built on our ADA-1000 platform will be a series of integrated Zone Amps. They will be available in four-channel, six-channel and eight-channel with individual volume controls for each pair of channels and a Master volume control. They have three inputs selectable from a switch on the front panel. There is also an individual input for each pair of channels that can be selected from toggle switches on the front panel if you would like to use a different input for that pair of channels. Our working name for these is ZA-1000 series.

Zone Pre-amps:
The Zone Pre-amps will be the same versions as the integrated zone amps except with RCA outputs to go to a separate amplifier. This will be useful for pairing with one of our larger powered amplifiers; either the ADA-1250 or ADA-1500. Our working name for these is the ZP-1000 series.
Very nice. I may need one of those zone amps.
Very nice. Charles may need one of those zone amps.
Where's the guppies?
Since your going all 1970's on us with the wood look, where are the tube amps?
There will still be the black brushed aluminium front panels available.
Those are real purdy.
Nice. Will the pre-amps include a phono input (followed by the inevitable MM/MC question) or should we plan for a separate phono preamp ?
Yes, we plan on making options available over time. This is the base model and then we will make the options available through “Customize Yours”. Things like our wireless platform and phono pre-amp inputs for both MM and MC are for sure; beyond that we will see what options our customers are requesting.
What about DACs?
Any chance of a simple remote control for volume? Ideally RF for closed cabinets, or WiFi for control via smartphone. I just ordered LFR's with the integrated DSP/amp/preamp and the lack of remote volume control was my only hesitation since not all inputs can be volume controlled at the source, notably Apple TV.

Will upcoming options, such as the wireless platform, be factory-installable later on existing units? If not, perhaps a small additional unit to add this capability to existing installations?
Since I called the original wood concept pics "too home-made looking", I'll say that I'm liking the new wood panels pics much more now. They are now look like a polished product.
The latest pics also answer my question/concern about how the controls would be mounted -- having the mounting plate on the front is nice.

The integrated amp sounds like a nice package. Since someone is bound to ask "sure, but where am I going to get a wood-fronted tuner ?" I'll just get that out of the way right now.

That said, I imagine I'm pretty much the only one here who still has data limits that preclude internet radio, so DACs (covering computer-stored audio *and* internet radio) would probably get used a lot more than a tuner these days.

Originally Posted By: BBIBH
Since your going all 1970's on us with the wood look, where are the tube amps?

LOL - that was my first thought too... albeit about tube pre-amps not amps.

Speaking of tubes... presumably someone will start coding "tube sound" algorithms for DSPs, so all you would need to get into tube rolling would be an internet connection...
Volume and on/off remote would be a deal breaker for me too. All my equip is in a different room.
My problem too. All of my equipment is temporarily being stored at Charles' house.
Can't you just IM him when you want to adjust the volume ?
Sometimes he's eating crunchy stuff and doesn't hear the IMs!
We plan on having a Master Volume control remote available if you choose the AxiomPlay wireless option. It would work through our WebUI so it would be WiFi based and controlled from your phone, tablet, or computer. Likely we will make it a separate page that you open from our main WebUI as it would only be used if you had AxiomPlay in your pre-amp as opposed to the speakers themselves.
Ian, have you considered using dedicated apps instead of a web interface? That usually creates a far better user experience. iOS and Android apps would cover the vast majority of smartphones.

Also, do you know yet if AxiomPlay will be retrofittable to existing units?
Would this have an IR receiver on the front, so that traditional all-in-one programmable remotes would work with it also?
Agree on the dedicated app, much simpler for phones and tablets.
The plan is to have the AxiomPlay module available as a user retrofit. It will likely be a small panel on the front that is removed and the AxiomPlay inserted.
Originally Posted By: BBIBH
Agree on the dedicated app, much simpler for phones and tablets.

... but a Big Honkin' Pain for someone on a PC, unless they're running Android-x86.
Here is a picture of an ZA-1000-8 in natural cherry wood.

Bridgman, the concept would be to be able to use the web ui or the app, not simply one.
Looking forward for the integrated amplifier specs, retail, and shape smile
That's really great. Hoping my DSP/amp/preamp on order with LFR's will have that user-upgrade capability.
Any release date yet for the integrated amplifier ?

smile

Thanks
Just a thought - I'd like to see the Master Level knob 2 to 3 times the size of the others. And I miss big honkin' analogue power meters! (Yes, I live in the past......)
Originally Posted By: real80sman
Just a thought - I'd like to see the Master Level knob 2 to 3 times the size of the others. And I miss big honkin' analogue power meters! (Yes, I live in the past......)

My ageing 70s Kenwood receiver is starting to have issues and i may be in the market for a different power source for my home office. I love the blue lights, analog dials and various needle meters. I'm torn between going with a newer integrated amp like a Musical Fidelity, or maybe looking for something more old school again. Unfortunately the fave look for old school never continued much through the 80s so unless i find another VERY old 70s receiver again, i may be stuck with new look, no more retro.

frown
Originally Posted By: chesseroo
My ageing 70s Kenwood receiver is starting to have issues and i may be in the market for a different power source for my home office.

Have you tried tipping it on its side and giving it a few solid raps to try to dislodge that extraneous e?
© Axiom Message Boards