Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Amie The End of a Long Era - 04/03/15 02:02 PM
It's the end of a long, long era at Axiom today. Brent Tombari is retiring from his role as Axiom Audio Expert after 15 years of providing expert advice to thousands of customers. Brent, you will be missed!

He started with Axiom not as a member of the staff, but as an audio dealer, in 1984, selling Axiom Speakers. He closed his retail store in 2000 and came on-board at Axiom full time.

Prior to his life on the reproduction side of audio, he was firmly ensconced in the production side, touring with a rock band for 8 years.

His first album was the Ventures Walk, Don't Run. "Bob Bogle's guitar soared . . ." It inspired him to become an incredibly accomplished guitarist in his own right.

Being at the other end of the telephone can be a cold and impersonal place, but never with Brent: he always sounded like he had just sat down to have a drink with you and chat. "Brent has been so willing to discuss amplifiers, sound set ups, and other products to allow me to get the most from my axiom speakers" wrote one of our customers, Doug T.

Brent, your enthusiasm is unfailing. Your interest in music and audio is unparalleled. And your friendship has meant so much to everyone at Axiom.

We wish you all the best as you settle into your next gig.
Posted By: MMM Re: The End of a Long Era - 04/03/15 03:37 PM
Brent sold me all my Axiom speakers. He was a pleasant fellow to speak with and never tried to fill a conversation with un-needed technical babble, rather tell you the low down of what to expect.

Best wishes in your retirement, and keep the amp at 11 and rock on!
Posted By: fredk Re: The End of a Long Era - 04/03/15 03:45 PM
Congrats and best wishes Brent.
Posted By: Newf Re: The End of a Long Era - 04/03/15 04:02 PM
Who's going to answer all my questions now? lol.

Congrats and enjoy retirement sir.
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: The End of a Long Era - 04/03/15 04:20 PM
Noooo, it can't be true!

Brent, thanks for putting up with my many questions over the past few years. Hopefully you'll be at the Sep bash this year.

Something must be in the air - my wife is finally retiring shortly after 44 years in nursing...

TAM
Posted By: DrStrangeQuark Re: The End of a Long Era - 04/03/15 05:22 PM
Brent -- Best Wishes! Thanks for helping with my setup!
Posted By: a401classic Re: The End of a Long Era - 04/03/15 05:31 PM
Originally Posted By: fredk
Congrats and best wishes Brent.

+1
Posted By: CV Re: The End of a Long Era - 04/03/15 06:34 PM
Big shoes to fill! Congratulations, Brent. Your voice at the other end of the line will be missed.
Posted By: real80sman Re: The End of a Long Era - 04/03/15 09:15 PM
Best wishes, Brent. Thank you for all your help over the years!
Posted By: BobKay Re: The End of a Long Era - 04/03/15 09:50 PM
Say it ain't so, Joe, say it ain't so.

Crap, Brent! You were supposed to be like all of my physicians. We have an agreement that I will die before they retire. Creep!

Seriously, you've worked long enough at everything. You deserve to retire from it ALL. Whatever you do, stay young, have fun. You will be missed.

Does this mean we should put J.C. on suicide watch, poor guy?!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: The End of a Long Era - 04/03/15 10:11 PM
Congratulations, Brent! I'll bet there's much that you're looking forward to doing!
Posted By: onn Re: The End of a Long Era - 04/03/15 11:00 PM
Happy retirement Brent! You will be missed
Posted By: JohnK Re: The End of a Long Era - 04/04/15 02:11 AM
Brent, congratulations and have a great life in retirement.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: The End of a Long Era - 04/04/15 11:45 AM
Have a great life!
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: The End of a Long Era - 04/04/15 04:25 PM
Felicitations, Brent! All the best.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: The End of a Long Era - 04/04/15 05:50 PM
Thanks for all the help over the years, Brent! Congrats!
Posted By: Jeff_in_the_D Re: The End of a Long Era - 04/04/15 09:11 PM
Thank you Brent for your sage advice when no-nonsense information was needed!
Enjoy Retirement
Jeff
Posted By: Newf Re: The End of a Long Era - 04/05/15 02:49 AM
I think we should have a Brent is retiring sale smile
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: The End of a Long Era - 04/05/15 03:45 AM
Cheers, Brent!
Posted By: MMM Re: The End of a Long Era - 04/05/15 11:39 AM
Originally Posted By: newf
I think we should have a Brent is retiring sale smile

What would that be? All V1 & V2 speakers are now on sale?
Posted By: CatBrat Re: The End of a Long Era - 04/05/15 06:22 PM
I've only spoken with Brent about 2 short times and he was always helpful and pleasant. You'll be missed.
Posted By: haylo75 Re: The End of a Long Era - 05/06/15 11:35 PM
Late to this thread here, but congratulations on your retirement, Brent! You've been a pleasure to work with and, while I'll miss your stellar customer service and down to earth demeanor, your retirement is well deserved.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: The End of a Long Era - 05/10/15 06:34 AM
Brent, good luck and best wishes to you. Just remember, orange Titleists for snow golfing! It was always a pleasure speaking with you,
Posted By: Orca Re: The End of a Long Era - 05/10/15 06:23 PM
Good Luck Brent, thanks for your advice ~ it was listened to and now ~~~ I'm listening to the best sound I could ever have !!

Enjoy your retirement and forget "orange" golf balls ~ buy some white ones in deep south Texas and enjoy your sunny warm winters smile

Cheers Orca
© Axiom Message Boards