Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ian Wireless M3, M5HP, M80, and M100 - 01/24/18 06:46 PM
Today we released wireless versions of some of our bookshelf and tower models. We went with some really powerful built-in amps in the M80HP and M100 models. We have added pre-amp functions to the AxiomAir UI that allow you to switch from WiFi, TV, and Analog inputs. We also introduced wireless versions of our EP500, EP600, and EP800 so you can run 2.1 systems all wirelessly. Andrew and I did a video on it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aamPnfUthbs

The pages on the various models are here:

https://www.axiomaudio.com/wireless-speakers
Posted By: Mojo Re: Wireless M3, M5HP, M80, and M100 - 01/24/18 07:02 PM
Congrats! A dedicated subnet for the local speakers and sub was a great idea!
Posted By: Mojo Re: Wireless M3, M5HP, M80, and M100 - 01/24/18 07:04 PM
Ian, can you please give us some more details on the specs of the amps?
Posted By: norap Re: Wireless M3, M5HP, M80, and M100 - 01/24/18 10:32 PM
The video mentions cd quality sound. Is that a limitation?
Posted By: cb919 Re: Wireless M3, M5HP, M80, and M100 - 01/24/18 11:41 PM
Dangit! Stop releasing stuff, how am I supposed to get ahead in my budget?!?
This is interesting for me for an office setup. Can they be fed by output from a PC via 1/8" stereo jack? The transmitter unit I mean of course.
Posted By: Ian Re: Wireless M3, M5HP, M80, and M100 - 01/25/18 01:56 AM
Hi cb919,

Yes, this will work no problem. You would just select the Analog Input on the UI.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Wireless M3, M5HP, M80, and M100 - 01/25/18 02:19 AM
I think CB might need an adapter that splits the left and right channels from his mini plug on his PC into a left and right RCA on the base station. Not a big deal.
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Wireless M3, M5HP, M80, and M100 - 01/25/18 03:17 AM
Nicely done!

If I was just starting out, this would be the way to go for me; however, I'm far too ensconced into the old stuff to change now...

TAM
Posted By: jmone Re: Wireless M3, M5HP, M80, and M100 - 01/25/18 07:05 AM
Mmmmm - Nice, few Q:
1) Does it have a Headphone Out
2) When is the Spotify Connect coming out?
3) Any plans for Chromecast support (or even Google Smart Speaker)
3) Is 5ghz support possible
Posted By: Mojo Re: Wireless M3, M5HP, M80, and M100 - 01/25/18 04:06 PM
From what I see, there is no sub out jack on the base station. You'd have to purchase an Axiom wireless sub if you are not using a pre/pro and want to use an existing sub.

That's both good and bad. The bad is you're paying at least $Can 4K for a 2.1 system with the M5HP and EP500. The good, besides the awesome 'nad-mass of the integrated amps, is that you have a reason to upgrade a potentially crappy sub.
Posted By: Cohesion Re: Wireless M3, M5HP, M80, and M100 - 01/25/18 10:18 PM
Originally Posted By jmone
Mmmmm - Nice, few Q:
1) Does it have a Headphone Out
2) When is the Spotify Connect coming out?
3) Any plans for Chromecast support (or even Google Smart Speaker)
3) Is 5ghz support possible

Regarding the 5ghz support, the current AxiomAir has a 'fixed' wi-fi dongle but on the new 'Airy' base station it would be nice if they'd give us an option to add our own dongle, in which case 'no-name' dual band dongles can be had for less than $20.

Actually, the only product photo of the back panel of the base station that I found doesn't seem to show any dongle in place at all, but there are open USB ports! I'm not sure if plugging one in would automatically allow it to be used though.
Posted By: Ian Re: Wireless M3, M5HP, M80, and M100 - 01/26/18 12:54 AM
We do have a bunch of products being introduced in the next few weeks that support these new wireless models. One of these is a receiver that can be plugged into an existing subwoofer allowing it to receive a signal from the transmitter.

We never considered a headphone jack but Spotify is really close, just a few last bugs with the album art displaying properly and other such little things. We do plan to add Chromecast after Spotify and Bluetooth are done. 5 GHz is currently a faint blip on the radar but that will move up after we get through a few more pressing things.

Our standard white dongle will be included with the transmitter. We probably should have shown it in the photo smile.
Posted By: Newf Re: Wireless M3, M5HP, M80, and M100 - 01/30/18 02:32 PM
I finally got all my house wired, Axiom's in every room or almost. And NOW they come out with wireless speakers....lol.
Posted By: dakkon Re: Wireless M3, M5HP, M80, and M100 - 02/02/18 03:14 AM
Has there been any thought to putting an rca or rca+xlr input on the plate amp? Incase someone wanted powered but not wireless speakers?
Posted By: bridgman Re: Wireless M3, M5HP, M80, and M100 - 02/03/18 04:42 PM
I just had a "d'oh !!" moment... adding wireless to subs is a brilliant move because most of the expense of wireless speakers (the built-in amp) is already there, and you're really just adding connectivity rather than a bunch of expensive stuff.

Very nice.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Wireless M3, M5HP, M80, and M100 - 02/03/18 07:53 PM
Yes and the cost of wireless appears to be the same as the cost of the analog connectors and associated electronics which are removed. This is likely why the price is the same for wired and wireless subs.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Wireless M3, M5HP, M80, and M100 - 02/03/18 08:08 PM
Hey, if someone came up with a battery/inverter combo capable of running a wireless sub for even 5 or 10 minutes we could combine that with a Roomba and finally have that "automated sub crawl" we have been talking about for a decade or two.

Just think about the possibilities - two subs, exploring all the possible combinations of layouts. Might not work "while you sleep" (although you could probably operate at fairly low SPL) but certainly "while you're at work".
Posted By: Ian Re: Wireless M3, M5HP, M80, and M100 - 02/08/18 09:22 AM
We did think about RCA inputs but decided against it as it involves a completely different input stage and physical switch to go from one to the other. We can make a powered non-wireless version on a special order basis though.
© Axiom Message Boards