Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Andrew Live chat! - 04/03/20 08:24 PM
Are you a long-time vinyl fan? A newbie? Just vinyl curious? Then join me and a special guest for a live video chat Thursday April 9th at 3 pm EST on our Facebook page. We'll be introducing a new, inexpensive vinyl accessory and talking about all things vinyl. Even if you can't make it for the live session, you'll be able to view the video at any time afterwards, so feel free to ask your vinyl and turntable related questions below.

Thanks!
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Live chat! - 04/03/20 10:06 PM
Nice!
Posted By: Mojo Re: Live chat! - 04/09/20 06:30 PM
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Live chat! - 04/09/20 07:26 PM
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Live chat! - 04/09/20 08:43 PM
Posted By: Mojo Re: Live chat! - 04/09/20 09:08 PM
Posted By: Mojo Re: Live chat! - 04/10/20 06:09 PM
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Live chat! - 04/10/20 08:02 PM
Posted By: Mojo Re: Live chat! - 04/11/20 12:07 AM
Posted By: Curved Air Re: Live chat! - 04/11/20 03:09 AM
Posted By: Mojo Re: Live chat! - 04/11/20 04:10 AM
Posted By: Curved Air Re: Live chat! - 04/11/20 04:23 AM
Posted By: Mojo Re: Live chat! - 04/11/20 05:05 AM
Posted By: Mojo Re: Live chat! - 04/12/20 04:05 PM
Oh no! Ian is going to see what I wrote using his invisipixel techology and will never sell me another speaker again!
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Live chat! - 04/12/20 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Mojo
I have questions but I don't Facebook.

Why do folks listen to vinyl given its fidelity inferiority to other media? What is it that makes it "better" to their ears-brain?

I'm not stirring the pot here. I want to hear what Andrew says about this. I also listen to vinyl - on iHeartRadio and Spotify. smile

Why do folks listen to vinyl given its fidelity inferiority to other media? What is it that makes it "better" to their ears-brain?

I'm not stirring the pot here. I want to hear what Andrew says about this. I also listen to vinyl - on iHeartRadio and Spotify. smile

Originally Posted by 2x6spds
Hello Andrew

I love the sound of vinyl. There is just something about a great recording on vinyl that is, to my ears, more 'live' sounding than 1's and 0's, although SACD is pretty good.

I have quite an investment in vinyl, absolutely unjustifiable in light of how infrequently I listen to vinyl. It is a royal PITA, especially 45 LPs.

However, when I get into it, there is nothing quite like it.

Dr. Feikert Woodpecker table, Jelco 850L 12" tone arm, Koetsu Black Goldline cartridge, Audio Research PH9 Phono stage.

Harbeth 30.2 Anniversary speakers, Line Magnetic LM845 Premium integrated amplifier.

[img:center][Linked Image from img.photobucket.com][/img]

[img:center][Linked Image from img.photobucket.com][/img]

MadBeggar came on here, broke it, and left.

Did MadBeggar pooch the boards? Our posts are invisible. Oh good, I can say whatever the hell I want. Well, here goes. If I was Andrew, I'd sell my room-full of vinyl and that shitty turntable that wows and flutters and upgrade to active LFRs. Maybe Ian will give him a deal. Maybe Andrew can even have some scratch left over to buy that snow-mobile he always wanted. There...I spoke from the heart. I hope none of this is visible.

test

test

Test failed. LOL!
Originally Posted by Curved Air
Does this work?
Does this work?

No. It's written in invisible pixels.

Blank message

Blank message

It's not! You just need invixel decoder glasses.

Just a recap for everyone. LOL
Posted By: Andrew Re: Live chat! - 05/01/20 02:21 PM
Just a reminder and heads-up for those that didn't read our newsletter or follow us on Facebook: I will be hosting a live chat today, Friday May 1st at 3 pm EST, with Ian talking about loudspeaker design and the family of curves. For those of you that are unable to make it for the live chat you can always watch the recorded video at a later date.

Thanks!

Andrew
Posted By: Mojo Re: Live chat! - 05/01/20 08:27 PM
Good chat for newbies. As I was watching, the following question came to my head: how do you know when you have reached practical perfection with the FOC? What does the end of this look like?

I've heard, but I don't know if it's true, a half dB of variation is practical perfection. I don't know over what frequency range. If that's the case, I think the only way to achieve this, for each spinorama curve, is more drivers with narrow polar response. This would give you finer control over each curve. This and likely a totally inert cabinet.
Posted By: rrlev Re: Live chat! - 05/01/20 08:38 PM
Had my alarms on to join this chat and managed to miss them all ...
So, I enjoyed the replay ...

Thanks for doing this
Posted By: aaaaaaaaaaaaa Re: Live chat! - 05/01/20 09:02 PM
On youtube yet?
Posted By: Mojo Re: Live chat! - 05/01/20 09:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL-W3qn4-WU
Posted By: aaaaaaaaaaaaa Re: Live chat! - 05/01/20 09:17 PM
Supa dupa
Posted By: rrlev Re: Live chat! - 05/01/20 09:47 PM
Ian,

Just out of curiosity ...

What did you major in at University?

and

How did you find out about and end up applying to the NRC?
Posted By: Ian Re: Live chat! - 05/01/20 11:50 PM
Philosophy and Economics, the perfect combo for speaker designing, LOL. Hence the name Axiom "an intrinsic truth".
Posted By: Mojo Re: Live chat! - 05/01/20 11:56 PM
Stec too, right?
Posted By: Ian Re: Live chat! - 05/02/20 06:45 AM
Yes, miss that guy. One day I will have to see if I can get him to come north for a visit.
Posted By: CV Re: Live chat! - 05/02/20 06:55 AM
Great video. Thanks, guys!
Posted By: Andrew Re: Live chat! - 05/02/20 01:52 PM
Glad you enjoyed it!

If any of you have other topics you'd like to see covered in this type of format, let us know.
I'm also thinking about bringing in some guests to participate.
Posted By: rrlev Re: Live chat! - 05/02/20 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by Ian
Philosophy and Economics, the perfect combo for speaker designing, LOL. Hence the name Axiom "an intrinsic truth".
Don't forget about all the coding, business management, people skills, etc
Posted By: Mojo Re: Live chat! - 05/04/20 10:35 PM
Perspicacious!
Posted By: aaaaaaaaaaaaa Re: Live chat! - 05/04/20 11:22 PM
Really great show. You guys should definitely do more vids!

Can you guys do a plant tour during production with an ending in the double blind room?

Can you record the audio for the episode with a binaural setup? That way we can use headphones and experience it a little better virtually. smile

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...&linkId=5f5d52df3a120dab15e2e107b4677682
© Axiom Message Boards