Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Shawzy44 Apple Airplay 2 - 11/25/19 05:01 PM
When can we expect Airplay 2 for the AA??

Is this still a possibility?
Posted By: Ian Re: Apple Airplay 2 - 11/26/19 08:03 AM
We are getting close now. There is a Beta version of it running on version 2.10.4 of the AxiomAir code. It is in System on the drop-down menu.
Posted By: Shawzy44 Re: Apple Airplay 2 - 12/01/19 08:16 PM
I was able to upgrade the firmware and see/select Apple Airplay 2 but didn’t get any sound from the AA. Airplay 1 seems to work fine.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Apple Airplay 2 - 12/02/19 04:05 AM
The beta version currently only supports silence.
Posted By: Curved Air Re: Apple Airplay 2 - 12/04/19 10:03 PM
I upgraded one of my Transformers to 2.10.4

I just get a clicking noise when attempting to use AirPlay 2.
Posted By: Mad Beggar Re: Apple Airplay 2 - 12/09/19 06:14 AM
While Airplay2 is still in beta/experimental, it should work on all AA devices running 2.10.3 or later.

I'll run some more tests this week to see if I can figure out the silence issue.

In Airplay2, the new volume control system should be tied to the iTunes volume control... try adjusting the volume on iTunes and/or the AA to see if it changes anything ?
Posted By: tso3rd Re: Apple Airplay 2 - 12/16/19 07:53 PM
FWIW, my AA is having the same issue. Can see it as an Airplay 2 device (has the "circle" next to it), but no sound. If I login to the AA it appears to be trying to play (can see the item title and time moving), but no sound coming out.
Posted By: Mad Beggar Re: Apple Airplay 2 - 12/16/19 09:28 PM
That is indeed strange. Just as a heads up, we've pushed v2.12.1 out last week. Could you update your Air and try again ?
Posted By: tso3rd Re: Apple Airplay 2 - 12/31/19 07:28 PM
I’ve updated to System Version: V2.12.2 - Toasted Pinecone Released: 2019-12-19. Still same symptoms. Spotify connect works, airplay 1/original works, airplay 2 i can only hear static/EMI-type noise (as if there is network traffic to the AA is trying to play something.)
Posted By: Garrett Re: Apple Airplay 2 - 01/21/20 03:12 AM
I was just wondering if AirPlay 2 is now sorted out. I am considering a N3 but absolutely want the airplay to interface with the other speakers in my house.
Posted By: Andrew Re: Apple Airplay 2 - 02/11/20 02:52 AM
Originally Posted By Garrett
I was just wondering if AirPlay 2 is now sorted out. I am considering a N3 but absolutely want the airplay to interface with the other speakers in my house.

There has been massive progress in integrating Airplay 2 capability into the AxiomAir. A new update is available today that will bring your system up to v2.12.3. Airplay 2 is still in beta and needs to be activated from the System menu, but it is working reliably for me with no dropouts after hours of playing. For any of you that are interested, we'd love to have you try it out and give us feedback. We're hoping to push this as the "default" Airplay version on the next update. Please note that as this is still in beta, you will need to re-activate Airplay 2 if you reboot or power off your system.

Thanks!

Andrew
Posted By: CasparCorf Re: Apple Airplay 2 - 03/21/20 04:09 PM
I have no problems with my Airplay2 so far here at home.
Posted By: Shawzy44 Re: Apple Airplay 2 - 12/04/20 12:40 AM
I am now on System Version: V2.13.1 - Toasted Cherry Released: 2020-11-27

Apple Airplay works perfectly. Multi room audio is fantastic and the response excellent, no more delays.

Well done!
Posted By: Mojo Re: Apple Airplay 2 - 12/04/20 05:05 PM
Is it toasted cherry or toasted cherry chestnut? Cherry chestnut is most excellent.

Anything else interesting in that release? Where are the release notes?
Posted By: Tom_in_Kerwood Re: Apple Airplay 2 - 12/16/20 09:42 PM
Just updated my Axiom air to AP2.
I have just noticed a popping sound in the music that wasn’t there before. It sounds like a speck of dust in a otherwise clean record. I get about 4 pops in a minute.
When I switch back to the old setting that is still available. The popping is gone.
Posted By: Tom_in_Kerwood Re: Apple Airplay 2 - 12/16/20 09:45 PM
Just to follow up I am listening to a master quality recording on Tidal. I have tried Spotify and it’s the same.
Small pops in the sound when using AP2. ?
Posted By: Tom_in_Kerwood Re: Apple Airplay 2 - 12/16/20 10:10 PM
Being new here. This is my system. Axiom air / DSP/
ADA 1500/ LFR1100s
Posted By: Tom_in_Kerwood Re: Apple Airplay 2 - 12/18/20 07:25 PM
Follow up I powered down a iPad Pro that was in the room and the pooping is gone !!!!!!!!
Posted By: Mojo Re: Apple Airplay 2 - 12/18/20 10:48 PM
Tom, that's so awesome to hear your bowel problems are resolved. Is the popping gone too. LOL!
Posted By: BobMik Re: Apple Airplay 2 - 07/25/22 06:50 PM
I'm having trouble with my AxiomAir N3 when using Pandora from my iPhone. I do not have a paid subscription for Pandora, which means they insert commercials into the stream. Whenever a commercial is played, the Pandora stream ceases to play on the speaker. This does not happen with any other speaker I've ever used with my phone. When I go to the speaker's web page it displays that it's on a commercial break, but I havent figured out any way to recover. If anyone has any ideas/suggestions it is appreciated. For now I've given up using Pandora with the N3 because the commercial breaks are too frequent to tolerate the attention it requires to recover.
To clarify, I have no issues when using Spotify or other music live streams with the speaker.
© Axiom Message Boards