Axiom Home Page
There was some talk about packaging the electronics as a standalone unit so you plug it into existing active speakers/amps/receivers etc. Any news on this unit?
Thanks
Nathan
It sort of exists right now. I have one at my place mounted in our 2U chassis with the Karaoke option. The plan is to make a new chassis for it that is similar looking (but much smaller) to the current AxiomAir N3. We also need to develop a smaller power supply for it as there is no amp so no need for the big supply in the current N3.

If you would like one now in a 2U chassis we can make that for you either with or without the Karaoke option.
2U meaning rack mount? Or free-standing 3.5" tall?
Either one is available.
Oooooh! I have a 2U space in my rack that needs filling! smile

(Joking aside, I really do after revising some equipment this week!)
Mmmm I "could" go 2U but I'm actually wanting to replace a Apple Airport that I only use for feeding the amp driving 4 x Outside M3s.

At the time the Airport was the smallest well priced device that would reliably do Airplay --> 3.5 Audio in a box.

Where is the Audio Out Jack located on the AAR (Axiom Air Receiver). Does it just replace the current cabling running to the internal Amp in the AA or is it a different board all together?

Anyway, For now I'd be happy to buy and test just the "guts" of the AAR and see locally:
- if any of the existing Pi Cases fit it all, and
- what PS is needed (I'm guess a std Pi one will be fine)

Thanks
Nathan
I'm very interested! Who should I email for more details? Debbie?
That would be best debbie@axiomaudio.com
Originally Posted By MarkSJohnson
Oooooh! I have a 2U space in my rack that needs filling! smile

(Joking aside, I really do after revising some equipment this week!)

I say Mark. Your rack has really filled out since the last time I've seen you.
Ian, when I ordered my LFR880's Brent told me that in time my DSP/amp/preamp would be user-upgradable to AxiomPlay. Any news about that?
Yes, that is the same box we have been discussing here. It would plug into one of the inputs on your pre-amp turning your whole system into an AxiomAir on that input.
Thanks, Ian. Brent had told me it would be an internal upgrade to the DSP/amp/preamp, so I didn't think the external units you mentioned were what he had in mind.
It is possible to mount all of this in one 3U chassis but that would need to be done at the factory. Unless you have space constraints it might be easier to add another 2U chassis. The end result would be the same.
© Axiom Message Boards