Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jmone Adding a BlueTooth USB Receiver? - 06/27/16 12:41 AM
I know BT is not a great Audiophile option but it can be convenient for Add Hock access from 3rd party phones etc. Occasionally someone will want to play something to the Air from their Phone, and as my Airs are on the main Home Network (without Guest Access) this is not possible. At present I can add a BT --> Analog adapter to the Analog input on the Air just fine.

But it is a bit clunky with cables and dongles sticking out. Given we have a bunch of unused USB Ports, would it be possible to add a Bluetooth USB Receiver directly to the Air?

Thanks
Nathan
Posted By: njackson Re: Adding a BlueTooth USB Receiver? - 07/15/16 09:12 PM
This would be nice because there are a ton of music apps I have on my phone that don't work with BubbleUPNP. So Bluetooth would still be a nice option to have. Unless I'm doing it wrong?
Posted By: Ian Re: Adding a BlueTooth USB Receiver? - 07/16/16 06:36 AM
We have been wondering lately if having this option would be a good idea also. The original thinking was that you could always plug in with a 3.5mm cable to the AxiomAir from any device with no loss of audio quality.
Posted By: jmone Re: Adding a BlueTooth USB Receiver? - 07/17/16 03:20 AM
It's more about casual convenience from guests. There are plenty of spare USB Ports and BT USB Adaptors are cheap.
Posted By: 355lt1vette Re: Adding a BlueTooth USB Receiver? - 07/23/16 10:52 PM
I would jump on a Bluetooth option just for convenience... At least untill streaming Spotify wirelessly to the AA becomes an option.
Posted By: SRoode Re: Adding a BlueTooth USB Receiver? - 07/24/16 03:51 AM
Am I missing something? Can't you just bring up Spotify on your iPhone and AirPlay it to the AA?
Posted By: 355lt1vette Re: Adding a BlueTooth USB Receiver? - 07/25/16 07:55 PM
i have all android devices and I havent noticed any option to send the axiom via Bubbleupnp or any other way
Posted By: Mojo Re: Adding a BlueTooth USB Receiver? - 07/25/16 10:08 PM
The air doesnt support spotify to the detriment of both companies. To use Spotify with the Air, you have to root your phone and use bubble upnp.
Posted By: jmone Re: Adding a BlueTooth USB Receiver? - 07/29/16 12:06 PM
For me BT would be good for Visitors to get wireless access to the AA without me granting them access to my WiFi network.
Posted By: Metal_Manic Re: Adding a BlueTooth USB Receiver? - 07/30/16 06:28 PM
BT compatible devices such as Apple T.V., Playstation Via, etc. would also benefit from this as well. I could wirelessly use the AA for my upstairs T.V (apple T.V.) and incorporate my on wall M22s as wide speakers in my home theatre in the basement wink
Posted By: Dougie_Fresh Re: Adding a BlueTooth USB Receiver? - 08/18/16 07:58 PM
I simply added a TaoTronics Bluetooth 4.1 2-in-1 Adapter (TT-BA07). It is rechargeable and does aptx so it would be the highest quality Bluetooth Streaming you will get at the moment. It hooks up to the Aux port. It seems to work well. There are certainly better ones out there but at 40 bucks you can't really go wrong.
Posted By: Hansang Re: Adding a BlueTooth USB Receiver? - 08/21/16 06:30 PM
Thank you. Why didn't I think of this. The lack of Spotify support (not Axiom's problem) really killed it for me. I was about to put it up for Sale. I really wanted to stream as opposed to plugging in the 3.5mm jack.
© Axiom Message Boards