Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ErikN Google Cast support? - 01/08/17 02:57 AM
Have you explored adding Google Cast support (ie, to allow audio to be sent via Chromecast) to the Axiom Air? This would make it much easier to integrate into existing environments without needing a separate client and would also allow it to be used as part of a Chromecast Speaker Group. (For example, along with the Chromecast Audios that I have connected to the receivers that power my M3 and M22s in other rooms in the house.)

(I've so far been underwhelmed by the interface and connectivity options that shipped with the AA.)

It looks like there is no longer a public API endpoint for this, so this isn't something that could be hacked on by someone in the community.

Erik
Posted By: Mojo Re: Google Cast support? - 01/08/17 04:19 AM
It's kludgy but have you tried connecting a chromecast via the USB?
Posted By: Ian Re: Google Cast support? - 01/08/17 07:46 AM
We have explored adding Google Cast but Google is not interested. They seem to want to force their customers to have to purchase their little receiver device. I completely agree that it would be so nice for Google users to have the same convenience that the Apple users have with AirPlay.

There is a big update to the AxiomAir interface coming later this month and it has some really cool new features. A lot of which came from suggestions here.
Posted By: Newf Re: Google Cast support? - 01/09/17 09:09 PM
Are one of those features an eq or way to contol bass and treble? Right now I'm on the fence as to send mine back or not based on that. Not everybody listens to classical or jazz or pop etc. We all have different rooms and music taste and right now the air seems too tuned for mids and vocals like a flat eq. And yes I got my replacement earlier today.
© Axiom Message Boards