Axiom Home Page
Posted By: dberthe Firmware version - 01/18/17 12:59 AM
Had my AxiomAir for a week now. Impressed! It is connected to my home network via static IP, and can access it via Firefox on my computer.
When I click on the "Check Updates" button, nothing happens.
What is the latest Firmware version? The screen shows: "System version: 1.107 Released: Tue Aug 9 02:00:42 CEST 2016". So I don't know if it is up to date or if something is wrong. Thanks, Dave
Posted By: Mojo Re: Firmware version - 01/18/17 01:15 AM
That sounds like the latest version. There is another one coming out soon that, according to Ian, will make the Air even better.
Posted By: Newf Re: Firmware version - 01/18/17 02:08 AM
System Version: 1.271 Released: Fri Nov 25 02:39:52 CEST 2016

That is latest. Does web radio work for you? If not you have no access to internet or DNS is put in wrong
Posted By: Mojo Re: Firmware version - 01/18/17 03:07 PM
Then my buddy has the same problem as dberthe. The latest version he was able to retrieve was the August 9th one.
Posted By: Ian Re: Firmware version - 01/19/17 07:30 AM
1.107 is the latest production version of the code. We have a new update coming likely on Tuesday which has a lot of cool features. We should have the iOS App live by then too.
Posted By: Newf Re: Firmware version - 01/19/17 06:03 PM
Well, that is weird. All I did was take the Air out of the box, plug it in, hit update firmware and I got 1.271?!?!?
Posted By: Newf Re: Firmware version - 01/20/17 02:54 AM
hardwire the units into your network via router, hub etc, maybe let them get their address via dhcp. Then click update firmware, see what happens. For some reason tonight, I reverted back to 1.107, but over wireless the check for update button did nothing, but over wired it did and I got 1.271 again. It was almost like wireless had no internet access, but all my ip settings were correct just like they always were. If 1.107 is the last official public release I have no idea why the units I have are grabbing 1.271.
Posted By: Newf Re: Firmware version - 01/20/17 08:46 PM
Ignore my post. It seems my unit somehow grabbed a beta firmware.... which would explain all the little issues.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Firmware version - 01/20/17 10:21 PM
you have all the luck smile
Posted By: Newf Re: Firmware version - 01/21/17 01:50 AM
Ya, no kidding. I was going all crazy with it because I was considering sending it back - 30 trial and all. I'm hoping and keeping it on the faith that Axiom will fix it, and given my history with them I believe they will. I could have bought the Paradigm, similar price, higher wattage, no battery, but I'm a Axiom guy...what can I say?

So I reverted back to the 1.107 firmware, I hate it. When you guys see the newer one, you'll understand. And my android app still doesn't work every time - hit and miss.

...must have patience.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Firmware version - 01/21/17 03:50 AM
These are just teething problems. Emotiva has plenty of these as well but these little inconsistencies are bearable, at least for me. Hang in a bit longer as ian says something is in the works for release on Tuesday.
Posted By: jmone Re: Firmware version - 01/25/17 02:44 AM
Just checked and I see v1.097 and with the the Dev option on v1.310 (Beta??)

I assume the new FW is not out yet?

Thanks
Nathan
Posted By: Ian Re: Firmware version - 01/25/17 08:28 AM
Hi Nathan,

The latest version is not released yet but we are close.
Posted By: Newf Re: Firmware version - 01/25/17 04:59 PM
can we get some sort of subwoofer level control in future firmware? seems really low to me.
Posted By: Newf Re: Firmware version - 01/31/17 10:44 PM
new firmware is up

V1.335
-Browse for Artist,Album, Genre
-Grid View
-Improved networking
-TIDAL integration
-Multi network memory
-Force Hotspot Mode
-Persistent queue configurable
-improved UI Usability

We really need a sticky on top of the forum for Firmware history and improvements.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Firmware version - 01/31/17 11:23 PM
So far, I can tell Wi-Fi has been dramatically improved.
Before the smallest interference would send the unit in 100% CPU mode and it would start stuttering and make strange noises until powered off. A few seconds with a microwave would suffice (100% of the time).
I just used my microwave for 4 minutes and the AA didn't drop a single packet. Major improvement as previously it was embarassingly bad. Next step would be to properly support 802.11 and getting rid of the limitation of a single mode of operation (Wi-Fi fully supports having simultaneous incoming and outgoing connections which would get rid of all the silly problems with hotspot mode and rid of the need for a "force hotspot mode" in the UI).

Multi-lingual support is a nice try for now. At least 30-40% is not adapted to selected language.
Of course, I mostly checked the French version... Quite a few things not exactly right... smile
Posted By: Newf Re: Firmware version - 01/31/17 11:34 PM
My Wish list...

- Startup sound still won't turn off for me. I select off, hit save, reboot...darn sound still there.
- still no ability to mount Windows share. I would not even need usb thumb drive if I had this
- No EQ or Bass controls - much needed for different rooms and types of music
- No autostart radio when turned on option. You can do alarm with playlist but I can't seem to find any way to just hit the power button and have it start on my fav radio station.
- Working Android and IOS App

My unit never had any issues with wireless dropping, and it's going 8 hrs a day for my dog. Interesting to see how it does tomorrow.

- Googlecast. I'll buy the adapter if needed.
Posted By: Ian Re: Firmware version - 01/31/17 11:43 PM
The Android App has been updated also. The iOS App is just waiting for Apple to make it live.
Posted By: Newf Re: Firmware version - 02/01/17 05:18 PM
what is the latest version of the Android app? I got version 1.6 Jan 19th 2017
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Firmware version - 02/01/17 11:02 PM
Wow. Just tried browsing a 200G MicroSD card. Used to be barely workeable. Now very fast. New Genres / Arists browsing is working very well too.
Although, I did get a few times tracks listed in an incorrect order (ex: tracks 2-5 listed first, then track 1). Always with the lowest track number presented last, but the rest in order.
That was in "Artists" views.
Posted By: SOAD Re: Firmware version - 02/05/17 08:47 PM
Approximately how big is the latest update?
ie. how much of my monthly data will it use?

Thanks
Posted By: Ian Re: Firmware version - 02/05/17 09:10 PM
Hi SOAD,

Once it is downloaded the User Interface itself will not really consume any of your data as it works locally on your network. Where the data usage gets big is if you stream music. As long as the songs are resident on your computer, a USB drive, or a NAS you will not use any data to play them.
Posted By: SOAD Re: Firmware version - 02/07/17 01:16 AM
Quote:
Once it is downloaded the User Interface itself will not really consume any of your data

The initial download is what I am curious about. I have very limited internet. If it's a small download I can do it at home but if it's over 100MB I will have to take my Axiom Air to a town 2 hours away and do the download there. I just don't want to haul it around if unnecessary.
Posted By: Ian Re: Firmware version - 02/08/17 07:31 AM
It will be between 50 - 100MB depending on what version you are updating from.
Posted By: SOAD Re: Firmware version - 02/09/17 03:44 AM
Quote:
It will be between 50 - 100MB depending on what version you are updating from

Perfect, thanks.
Posted By: 355lt1vette Re: Firmware version - 02/12/17 01:37 AM
I'm having difficulties upgrading firmware. I assume you go into system and hit the "check for updates" button. I've tried on two devices and it does absolutely nothing. Any suggestions?
Posted By: Ian Re: Firmware version - 02/12/17 05:22 PM
Can you check that your internet connection is good? You should have a solid blue light on the front of the AxiomAir and your router should have good internet signal.
Posted By: Jc Re: Firmware version - 02/12/17 05:52 PM
Hi,

Is your AxiomAir connected to internet via the ethernet cable and not Wi-Fi ?

jc
Posted By: MrFurious Re: Firmware version - 02/16/17 06:03 PM
Hi Ian,

have the same problem as 355lt1vette. Pressing the getupdates button does nothing and the unit is definitely online and accessible on my network. Can you tell me what host/url the fireware update is coming from? I'd like to test the link from my PC. Maybe a local DNS issue?
Posted By: MrFurious Re: Firmware version - 02/16/17 08:09 PM
Figured this one out. I was using a static IP and realized that the config for static IP does not allow the entry of a DNS address. I switched to DHCP and the update is now working.
Posted By: 355lt1vette Re: Firmware version - 02/26/17 01:26 AM
I tried again to no avail.
Same result on two Android devices and my PC. I have a steady blue light on the axiom air and can stream music via the app but it won't upgrade my firmware.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Firmware version - 02/26/17 03:32 AM
someone here said they were having that problem and solved it by using dhcp rather than static ip so if your using static ip give that a whirl.
© Axiom Message Boards