Axiom Home Page
Posted By: linkstatic Check for update not working - 02/05/17 03:20 AM
I tried to get the latest software for my Axiom Air and when I click the "Check for Update" button nothing happens. I tried numerous time without success.

I then thought it may be an issue with my Axiom Air so I reset it to Factory Settings. Still no success and now my software reverted back to Version 1.031 April 2016.

My Axiom Air sounds great when it works. It sure is buggy,!!

Any ideas how to proceed??
Posted By: Newf Re: Check for update not working - 02/05/17 04:39 AM
Does web radio work? If not your air has no internet access.
Posted By: linkstatic Re: Check for update not working - 02/05/17 04:49 AM
Yes, I can play Webradio stations, still check for update not working. I wonder if there us an issue with the Axiom update server.
Posted By: Ian Re: Check for update not working - 02/05/17 07:21 AM
Hi linkstatic,

I just tried updating one of mine and it worked no problem. I think we may want to figure this one out on the phone.
Posted By: linkstatic Re: Check for update not working - 02/05/17 12:30 PM
I left a voicemail on your tech support line Friday and I created a ticket [#OKJ-82425]. I am available all day on Monday.. My phone number is in the voicemail and on the ticket.
Posted By: linkstatic Re: Check for update not working - 02/06/17 11:24 AM
So, after multiple attempts to check for updates with nothing happening at all, it finally brought the update screen up. I continued with the update, the message came up that a backup was being created. Then, the progress bar displayed 20%, 30%, then 60%. Then it stopped and stayed at 60%. I did not touch anything. After a while it rebooted and I got the startup sound, but no further indication of the update status.

I left it go for over 2 hours with no change in status. Finally I tried to power it off but that did not work, so I held the white button in until it shutdown. I started it up again and to my great surprise I had the latest update, Version 1.335 Released Jan 30, 2017.

So, I do have the update, and everything appears to work OK, but it was a real trip getting it done. The improvements to the Browse function are great. That's all I looked at so far, but it looks like this update was worth waiting for.

Oh, I should also mention that I have performed the update function numerous times previously with no trouble whatsoever. Go figure.
© Axiom Message Boards