Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jje4th Can't use analog and other strange issues - 12/01/19 03:15 AM
I have an N3 and have issues playing music via Airplay (doesn't connect, can only get a couple songs before it disconnects). Today, I decided to try using the phone connected directly via analog. The analog button in the app (clicking the gear) doesn't do anything. I've tried the iOS app, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.

I know the analog port works because a few times when I started the device it plays the analog audio until it boots; then I hear the relay click and it stops.

I think there is some software issue with the device because I'm experiencing some other weird behavior as well:

- it is running 2.10.3. When I check for an update, it finds 2.10.4 and downloads/installs the update. It then says to reboot and after I do, it's still running 2.10.3. I've tried the update 4 times.

- I figured a factory reset might help fix weird issues, but when I click "Factory Reset" and then "Ok", it never resets. I've tried restarting the device after waiting an hour and all the settings are still there.

Any suggestions for what to do?
Posted By: Ian Re: Can't use analog and other strange issues - 12/01/19 04:04 AM
Hi jje4th,

I would try going to the gear then System then Delete User Data. This takes some time and your AxiomAir will reboot itself a few times in the process. After this is complete try the update to 2.10.4
Posted By: jje4th Re: Can't use analog and other strange issues - 12/01/19 08:12 PM
Thanks Ian. Deleting User Data fixed the analog problem. It also took 3 tries to update to 2.10.4, but finally did. Looking forward to the Airplay 2 beta in hopes that will fix the airplay dropouts as well.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Can't use analog and other strange issues - 12/01/19 11:13 PM
jje4th, this is known to Axiomoes as the "Delete User Data and 3 tries to update" trick.
Posted By: Ian Re: Can't use analog and other strange issues - 12/08/19 09:45 PM
Hi jje4th,

You should not be getting any dropouts on AirPlay. If you do not have any content going over AirPlay it will disconnect after some time lag though. What do you have plugged into your USB ports on your AxiomAir?
© Axiom Message Boards