Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Metal_Manic Streaming Devices and AA N3 - 12/29/19 07:45 PM
I've had the AA since the kickstarter and have had many ups and downs. Over the past year, things have leveled out and performance has been consistently good.

Until now, for tv streaming, I've paired it with the previous gen Apple TV and they've played nice for a long time. The devices remained paired long term and things have been great with that respect.
ENTER Christmas 2019: We grabbed a new Apple TV 4k as the last gen apple tv (althought connecting nicely with the AA) has become too annoying to navigate, etc. The new Apple TV works great.
HOWEVER, it regularly drops it's connection with the AA:

1. If video playback is paused for more than 10 seconds
2. When that netflix screen 'are you still watching' appears.
3. When manually switching episodes of something
4. Other

After the connection is dropped, it has to be toggled within the apple tv quick menu. Far too often.

The new Apple 4k used to ditch the connection with the AA following the automatic 'next episode' transition on netflix. I seem to have fixed this by toggling a couple of the limited audio options within the Apple TV

OK, with that winded brief, I am led to believe that it is not the Axiom Air causing this issue as the last gen of Apple TV and AA were able to maintain their connection so well. I've taken liberty to order a bluetooth dongle to see if the will connect better that way, but I'm kind of torn about impacting the audio quality that I will get via this method.

Has anyone else experienced these things with the apple tv 4k and AA?

Any tips or advice to correct this/these issue(s)?

Are there any other streaming device recommendations that will not present these (or similar) issues.

Finally, the Axiom Open Bar. How have things gone in terms of these concerns and it's performance? Do they maintain their airplay connection or would I have to constantly toggle this as well? It appears the best solution is to (if I were to eventually get one) get a device with an optical port.

Thanks everyone!
Posted By: Metal_Manic Re: Streaming Devices and AA N3 - 01/06/20 05:28 PM
bump
© Axiom Message Boards