Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Andrew Latest software update v2.12.3 - 02/11/20 03:25 PM
Hi Everyone,

There is a new software version available as of yesterday (v2.12.3). Improved support for Airplay 2 has been added and in our testing it is working perfectly and is very stable and reliable with no glitches or dropouts after hours of playing. It's still in beta at this point, so to try it out you will need to go to the System menu and click on Enable Airplay V2. Also note that if you reboot or power down you will need to enable it again. Another major part of the update has added multi-room support for Spotify. Simply create a group in the AxiomAir app or user interface and the "master" will appear in the Spotify app as name-MR. Now you have the ability to play your favorite Spotify tracks on all your AxiomAir devices! Please feel free to comment on your experience with these additions in this thread, or you can always send me a PM.

Thanks,

Andrew
Posted By: Curved Air Re: Latest software update v2.12.3 - 02/11/20 10:49 PM
Thanks Andrew!

I’ve updated both my transformers and got Spotify Multiroom to work on the third attempt. I was initially playing music through the multizone on my first attempt to switch in Spotify. I ended up with the music I was playing overlayed with the Spotify music. Rebooted the transformer, recreated the group and then I got multiroom Spotify but the zones were out of sync by over a second. Lastly I switched which transformer was the group master and boom!!! Multiroom Spotify in all its glory!

Very important feature added.
Much appreciated!
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Latest software update v2.12.3 - 02/12/20 11:34 PM
We're still using ver 2.08 or 2.10 (i don't recall). Since our uses work fine with that version, i haven't bothered to update. Evidently others are using it with different features, so glad to hear it's still coming along, polishing its teeth.

Still contemplating upgrading to the Pi2 from this Pi even if all it gets is a 20% speed boost. I think that's worth it.
Posted By: Ian Re: Latest software update v2.12.3 - 02/13/20 06:43 PM
The V2 of the AxiomAir handles the volume differently so both the Analog and Optical inputs volume can be controlled from either the UI or the buttons on top of the speaker.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Latest software update v2.12.3 - 02/14/20 03:11 AM
I don't think i have the Air v2. I have an original run version. No buttons on top.
Would be great to see some real pics in the product page of v1 and v2, top, sides, etc.
Posted By: Ian Re: Latest software update v2.12.3 - 02/14/20 05:53 AM
There is a 360 picture on the product page of the v2 that you can spin around with your mouse:

https://www.axiomaudio.com/axiomair-n3
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Latest software update v2.12.3 - 02/14/20 08:43 PM
I was down lower in the photos and videos section. There were no similar pics there. But i still cannot see any pic with the front door open.
Posted By: Ian Re: Latest software update v2.12.3 - 02/16/20 12:01 PM
The best detail of the front and rear panels is in the manual which you can access here:

https://www.axiomaudio.com/manuals/N3_R2.0.pdf
Posted By: frostiex Re: Latest software update v2.12.3 - 05/11/20 03:12 PM
I am on v2.10.3, trying to update to v2.12.3 from my iPAD.
I proceed to "update now"
It then downloads the signature, processes it. then ask me to reboot. but no where to close that window.
I close and reopen app and reboot. but version stay the same. any ideas?
Posted By: Andrew Re: Latest software update v2.12.3 - 05/11/20 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by frostiex
It then downloads the signature, processes it. then ask me to reboot. but no where to close that window.

When it asks you to reboot, just press the power button. Once it has shut down, power up the unit again. If the version didn't change, try it one more time. There is a space issue within one partition of the memory card that sometimes requires you to run the updater twice.

Thanks,

Andrew
Posted By: TwistedSpirit Re: Latest software update v2.12.3 - 06/16/20 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by Andrew

When it asks you to reboot, just press the power button. Once it has shut down, power up the unit again. If the version didn't change, try it one more time. There is a space issue within one partition of the memory card that sometimes requires you to run the updater twice.

Thanks,

Andrew

I have this exact same issue. I always have to run the updates 2 times. Is there anyway to fix it?
Posted By: Andrew Re: Latest software update v2.12.3 - 06/17/20 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by TwistedSpirit

Thanks,

Andrew

I have this exact same issue. I always have to run the updates 2 times. Is there anyway to fix it?

Once you get up to the latest version (2.12.4), this should not be happening anymore. The issue was a partition overrun that was discovered on the SD card. We are now purging any old data during the update so this should no longer be an issue.

Thanks,

Andrew
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Latest software update v2.12.3 - 06/17/20 05:22 PM
I haven't updated the Air in awhile. I think i might still be on v2.8.x.
Everything is working per our use requirements so i'm contemplating not upgrading the firmware but it would be nice to see a list of changes/bug fixes/release notes (known issues still outstanding) for each version.

Is it possible to post this?
Posted By: Andrew Re: Latest software update v2.12.3 - 06/17/20 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by chesseroo
I haven't updated the Air in awhile. I think i might still be on v2.8.x.
Everything is working per our use requirements so i'm contemplating not upgrading the firmware but it would be nice to see a list of changes/bug fixes/release notes (known issues still outstanding) for each version.

Is it possible to post this?

You can find a shortlist at the bottom of this page:

https://www.axiomaudio.com/axiomair-features

It has not been updated to included the latest version yet (v2.12.4) as we are working on a big website back end update at the moment.

Thanks,

Andrew
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Latest software update v2.12.3 - 06/17/20 10:18 PM
Thanks Andrew.
Battery monitoring fix? I thought there was no battery monitor. Did i miss that memo?
Posted By: Mojo Re: Latest software update v2.12.3 - 06/17/20 11:50 PM
There is a battery monitor. The firmware controls the battery health indicator LED.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Latest software update v2.12.3 - 06/18/20 02:11 AM
Originally Posted by Mojo
There is a battery monitor. The firmware controls the battery health indicator LED.
I don't have a battery LED. Maybe that's the start of the problem.
Can i assume there is a battery LED on the newer Air versions?
Posted By: Mojo Re: Latest software update v2.12.3 - 06/18/20 02:38 AM
On mine, there's a single, multi-state, multi-colored LED. Solid red indicates the battery needs charge.
Posted By: Andrew Re: Latest software update v2.12.3 - 06/18/20 04:34 PM

All AxiomAir versions have a red LED that will turn on solid to warn you that there is limited battery life remaining and that you should plug it in. If you ignore this warning the unit will automatically shut itself down after approximately 30 minutes.

Thanks,

Andrew
Posted By: Mojo Re: Latest software update v2.12.3 - 06/19/20 05:18 PM
All Axiom products that contain electronics also double as bright night lights. It is not unusual to find a mankini, thong or bra draped over my bedroom Air to act as a shade.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Latest software update v2.12.3 - 06/19/20 05:34 PM

All AxiomAir versions have a red LED that will turn on solid to warn you that there is limited battery life remaining and that you should plug it in. If you ignore this warning the unit will automatically shut itself down after approximately 30 minutes.

Thanks,

Andrew
I guess mine must be inside the covered connector area at the bottom. I vaguely recall a red light flashing or not flashing and blue flashing or not flashing and could never remember which ones were for wifi, BT or some other purpose.
Posted By: CSPerzan Re: Latest software update v2.12.3 - 06/22/20 02:35 PM
Original AxiomAir owner and backer. Was using the ios app to update to the latest firmware. On the app I received a message saying updating to interim version (or something like that). I rebooted when asked. When the unit powered up I can no longer connect, getting Device not found. Didn't get the boot up sound. Green light is solid on. Rebooted several times but am stuck.

Has anyone experienced this? Suggestions on next steps to get back running?

Thanks.

CS
© Axiom Message Boards