Axiom Home Page
Posted By: bluray Hi res on Air - 09/06/20 01:50 PM
Can I play Tidal MQA and Amazon HD?
Posted By: Mojo Re: Hi res on Air - 09/06/20 04:00 PM
The hardware supports hi res. I dont know if Axiom's implementation of the Tidal app supports MQA. I'd bet it does because Ian uses Tidal so he'd want it.

As for Amazon HD, I've been wondering myself. I've been meaning to try bubble UPnP for that. Ditto for iheartradio.

It appears the paid version of bubble UPnP allows streaming from amazon.
Posted By: bluray Re: Hi res on Air - 09/06/20 10:02 PM
I would sure hope so with Tidal. Perhaps there’s a hefty fee when it comes to Amazon HD. However, Bluesound/BluOS works with Amazon HD (and Tidal MQA) just fine. I use the Bluesound Node 2i with Audiobytes. What a great sounding setup—soundstage is insanely good. Of course I considered the Bluesound Flex 2i but do not see a lot of love for the sound quality. Decided to spend more and ordered the N2 last night (with the I can wait discount and my loyalty discount). Still spent more than I would have for the Bluesound product, but I know the sound is going to be excellent. I was assuming I could play Tidal MQA music on the N2; if not, I will try to cancel my order. I don’t need the Amazon HD as well, but I do want one of two. Hope someone can positively confirm.
Posted By: bluray Re: Hi res on Air - 09/09/20 01:20 AM
FYI - Andrew confirmed the Airs support Tidal MQA. Looking fwd to getting my N2 and enjoying battery power out on our new patio!
Posted By: Mojo Re: Hi res on Air - 09/09/20 02:33 AM
Thanks for letting us know.
Posted By: Kodiak Re: Hi res on Air - 09/09/20 09:26 PM
Is it a safe assumption that includes the Axiom Transformer? ( same hardware / software I’m pretty sure.....)
Posted By: Mojo Re: Hi res on Air - 09/09/20 09:43 PM
Yup. I think the Transformer is where it might really matter. I don't think it's easy, if possible at all, to tell the difference between MQA and HQ on the N2 or N3.
Posted By: Kodiak Re: Hi res on Air - 09/09/20 09:47 PM
I’d still like to know for sure. But that’s interesting that’s it’s hard to tell. Sounds like it’s pretty subtle then. Not a big deal then.
© Axiom Message Boards