Axiom Home Page
Posted By: linkstatic Can you connect USB Extrenal HD to AA - 12/01/20 07:58 PM
I have been using a USB flash drive for years on my Axiom Airs to play my music. I now have a Axiom Air Transformer connected to my home stereo, also playing music via the USB drive.

Recently, a Western Digital 500 GB MyBook external hard drive became available to me, and I would like to use it to play my music on the Transformer. It connects via USB also. Is this possible to use with the Transformer or can you only attach USB flash drives to it?
Posted By: linkstatic Re: Can you connect USB Extrenal HD to AA - 12/02/20 12:47 PM
Well, I just thought I would plug the WDMyCloud 500 GB USB external hard drive into the Axiom Air Transformer and see if I could access music files on it.

It works perfectly, connects and plays my music files from it just fine.
Posted By: Kodiak Re: Can you connect USB Extrenal HD to AA - 12/03/20 04:18 AM
Thanks for answering your own question. I read it and was hoping that was the answer. I’m about to buy a new hard drive for all my music files and run it thru an axiom air transformer. So I’m glad that works. If a 500 gb works than I’m assuming a 1 tb will work or bigger too.
Posted By: Andrew Re: Can you connect USB Extrenal HD to AA - 01/08/21 08:21 PM
It's always best to use an external USB drive that is self powered. Many that are not will still work, but some will pull too much current from the AA and cause random shutdowns, etc.

Andrew
Posted By: Kodiak Re: Can you connect USB Extrenal HD to AA - 01/08/21 08:30 PM
Thanks Andrew. Good advice. It’s gonna sit insitu anyway so I will do that then. Any advice on HDD vs SSD and electrical noise they make ?

Thanks for all the videos you’ve been doing and chats with people. Nice work. I like your matter of fact approach and cutting thru the BS.
Posted By: Andrew Re: Can you connect USB Extrenal HD to AA - 01/13/21 07:35 PM
I would absolutely go with SSD if possible.
Thanks for the compliment regarding the videos!

Andrew
© Axiom Message Boards