Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ian The Stephen Stanley Band - 08/14/18 04:32 PM
At Axiom's 35th anniversary party we had a live show from a new Toronto band, The Stephen Stanley Band.
Prior to forming The Stephen Stanley Band, Stephen was a founding father of Canadian band The Lowest of the Low, Stephen gave his guitar, voice, heart, soul, and yes, butt, to their epic album Shakespeare My Butt, it became "one of the biggest-selling independent albums ever released in Canada" (All Music Guide). Now the Stephen Stanley Band has released their first album called Jimmy & The Moon. We are offering a free download of the album in our Newsletter. If you are not a subscriber to our Newsletter you can sign up on the right hand side of this page. We also have a link in the Newsletter to get a vinyl version of the album.
Posted By: Steve H Re: The Stephen Stanley Band - 08/14/18 05:01 PM
One of the things we like experimenting with is trying to get the cleanest, purest version of the original song possible. By recording a song in the anechoic chamber, we can get a version of it that doesn't have any room anomalies or room (or speaker) corrections from the producer. Vote for your favourite song from the new Stephen Stanley Band album and we'll record it in the chamber this Sunday.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: The Stephen Stanley Band - 08/14/18 05:05 PM
Posted By: MMM Re: The Stephen Stanley Band - 08/14/18 10:41 PM
This isn't fair. I was expecting to get some un-listenable junk that I could say 'Na.. don't like that'. But you went and picked out a band who knows how to write good music. Who don't just have a token one good song and the rest is crap. No, the whole thing is good. Now I have to listen multiple times to figure out what song is actually the best.
Posted By: MMM Re: The Stephen Stanley Band - 08/14/18 11:42 PM
Tbe problem is that there are two songs that I would love to hear re-recorded in the chamber. One of the songs I think is the better song, but the other one I think would get the better experimental value of doing the re-recording.
Posted By: TDIPablo Re: The Stephen Stanley Band - 08/15/18 03:01 PM
Has there been a newsletter since the May 16 one? I don't recall this free download offer :-)
Posted By: BBIBH Re: The Stephen Stanley Band - 08/15/18 03:10 PM
Yes, one was sent Tuesday August 14 2018 that included the download link
Posted By: Ian Re: The Stephen Stanley Band - 08/15/18 03:25 PM
There was one on June 7. If you can PM me your e-mail address I will get this one sent to you.
Posted By: TDIPablo Re: The Stephen Stanley Band - 08/15/18 06:04 PM
Originally Posted By TDIPablo
Has there been a newsletter since the May 16 one? I don't recall this free download offer :-)

Found it... in my spam folder frown Rookie mistake.
Posted By: Bayne Re: The Stephen Stanley Band - 08/17/18 03:26 AM
Thanks for the recommendation. I’m always looking for something new to listen to. I downloaded the album and listened to it twice at work today. After months of exploring several symphonic metal bands—most based in Finland—it’s nice to come back to my home country.

This is a nice album. Not totally mainstream, but not really what I’d call ‘alternative’ either. It wasn’t easy to vote for a single song, so I chose the one that grabbed me the most on the first listen.

I may even have to buy it on vinyl when I order my next set of speakers late September/early October from you guys.
Posted By: Mojo Re: The Stephen Stanley Band - 08/30/18 02:29 AM
I'm off to see Boney M in September. Bayne, you should put on your Spandex bell-bottoms and join me and the ladies.
Posted By: Bayne Re: The Stephen Stanley Band - 08/31/18 03:44 AM
Originally Posted By Mojo
I'm off to see Boney M in September. Bayne, you should put on your Spandex bell-bottoms and join me and the ladies.

They’d better play, Rasputin!
© Axiom Message Boards