Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Dip Question about placement of QS8 using TX NR809 - 04/02/12 04:55 PM
Hi all,
I recently bought 4 QS-8s and Onkyo TX-NR809, to go with my M80s and VP180.
I am having some difficulty in placing my two surround speakers. I was able to put two QS8s on both sides of the seating area (Surround Left and Right), but have no way of placing remaining two, Surround Back Right and Surround Back Left one.
Is it o.k. to place them as Front high speakers, or will I loose anything by doing that? I mainly use the home theatre for watching movies via Netflix or Blu rays.
I have Audessey equalizer to calibrate the speakers. Any suggestion will be extremely helpful and appreciated.
A link to hook diagram as recommended by Onkyo:
http://filedepot.onkyousa.com/Files/Quic...f446811636a7148
Thanks,
Dip Kushari
Hi Dip,

The Axiom QS8v3 surround speakers are very placement forgiving. Email us a sketch of your room with seating arrangement and dimensions. We will reply with a suggestion. On the other hand, the Axiom Q8v3 surround speakers make excellent height speakers for Dolby ProLogic IIz and/or Audyssey DSX applications.
Thank you sir. I appreciate your help. I will take some pictures today and send it to you along with the room dimension. Regards, Dip
Suggestion for you - why not try the QS8's in both locations (7.1 vs heights) using temporary setups like a step ladder, book shelves, whatever? Then let your ears tell you where you get the most benefit from the usage of the QS8's.

Good luck.
© Axiom Message Boards