Axiom Home Page
Posted By: LT61 PSP movies......ANOTHER new format? - 04/22/06 03:51 PM
I went to the local Wal-mart the other day, and............on a sign for a new movie release, was a DVD....and where the VHS WOULD have been, a new (to me) product.

This is the first time I can remember, when I didn't have advance knowledge of an upcoming audio, or video format, and FIRST saw it in a store.
Turns out, (as most of you likely know) it's a PSP movie (small dvd) for Sony's Play Station.

To be fair to me, I am not a "gamer".......but, MAN just how many ways are their going to be to view movies?

I wonder if people will be able to keep up with buying...... and then shortly having to throw away all the different media, as it comes and goes?

Posted By: HomeDad Re: PSP movies......ANOTHER new format? - 04/22/06 04:36 PM
Thats been out for awhile, I just can't figure how you could enjoy a movie on a screen that small.
Posted By: BassTek Re: PSP movies......ANOTHER new format? - 04/22/06 09:29 PM
You actually almost missed it completely, the format is on it's last legs. They sold decently when the PSP first came out but are now losing studio support as the novelty has worn off and sales are almost non-existent.
Posted By: INANE Re: PSP movies......ANOTHER new format? - 04/24/06 03:37 PM
The kicker to me is having to buy the same movie twice. I'm not surprised it's dying off, who wants to do that?
© Axiom Message Boards