Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ajax Yet Another Video - Dis one is for da boids - 06/26/06 04:08 AM
Lyrebird Unbelievable Jungle Bird Mimics Bird and Human Sounds

I particularly enjoy the chainsaw!
Um, I don't think that you linked to the video you wanted, but instead linked to someone selling an Axiom competitor's speakers or something. Anyway, the correct link is:
Lyrebird

It is good though.
Wow, that is amazing!
Freudian slippage, Jack?
That bird is pretty incredible. I never thought it could mimic so realistically.

Someone run over to Jack's and give him his medication. . .
Yeah, but I wonder if there's a guy out there who asked Jack about a rosewood 850 and now he's watching that bird.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Yet Another Video - Dis one is for da boids - 06/26/06 11:44 AM
Quote:

Freudian slippage, Jack?

Nah, just another case of failing to check my link. I check my links 99% of the time. Of course, when I don't, you know what happens.

The reason the av123 link got posted is because I got the Lyrebird thing over at av123. I found it to be pretty interesting so I thought I would share it with you guys. Credit goes to BZ79 for posting it over there. ($1100 is an incredible price for a pair of Rosewood 850s, though )

Thanks Nick for finding the correct link, and humble apologies to all for failing to check my link. DOH!
I wonder how good the bird would be at reproducing music? Maybe better than a pair of Rosewood 850s?
Quote:

I wonder how good the bird would be at reproducing music? Maybe better than a pair of Rosewood 850s?

Yeah, but they are probably rare, and exspensive birds to get and keep. Plus, you can't turn them off when ever you want either. Then, if you ever get mad at the family dog for doing its "business" on the carpet, you can't yell "Stupid @#$*^% dog" and then kick it. The darn bird would probably copy your words and the dog's yelp or whimper and then you'd get protestors from PETA or something because the darn bird repeated the sounds all day, and people would think that for sure, your dog is on the verge of death from all of the abuse (again, just the darn bird mimicing sounds), which mixed in with the chainsaw sounds and so forth, could just end up being a big hassle.

Maybe someone could set up an A-B test at THEIR house, just to see...
Someone needs to blast some classic rock into the forest and get that bird to be a radio station.
I can just hear it doing the intro riff to Smoke on the Water...
I know I don't want that bird riding around in the car with me.
Is that where you work on your expletive repertoire?
© Axiom Message Boards