Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jinhan Superman Returns on the IMAX - 06/29/06 03:14 PM
I just got back from seeing Superman Returns on the IMAX theater. I would highly recommend seeing this film in the IMAX, if at all possible. There were only 20 minutes of 3D through out the 150 min+ movie, but those scenes were absolutely spectacular. In addition, the IMAX sound system was superior to anything I have heard at my local theaters.

As far as the movie itself, I liked it a lot (3 out of 4 stars). My only issues with the movie was that the movie was paced a little slow for my taste, and Kate Bosworth seemed a little too young for the role of Lois Lane. Brandon Routh's performance appeared to be inspired by Christopher Reeves. Though Routh's version of Clark Kent didn't seem to match Christopher Reeve's comedic abilities, he was was an excellent Superman.

This is a movie I would see again and will definitely buy on DVD.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Superman Returns on the IMAX - 07/20/06 02:04 AM
Glad you liked it.

FYI..."The Ant Bully" is coming out soon in IMAX 3D and it's far and away the best 3D I've ever seen. Bring the kids!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Superman Returns on the IMAX - 07/20/06 02:23 AM
Hey Everybody!

Look! It's Craig!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Superman Returns on the IMAX - 07/20/06 03:01 AM
<jaw hits floor>
Posted By: Zarak Re: Superman Returns on the IMAX - 07/20/06 04:31 PM
I saw it in IMAX as well and really liked it. I was looking for your name at the end Spiff but I either missed it or it wasn't in the credits.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Superman Returns on the IMAX - 07/20/06 07:53 PM
Perhaps next movie Spiff can drop in a subliminal picture of himself every 10 seconds thought the credits.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Superman Returns on the IMAX - 07/21/06 04:10 AM
At 24 fps, nothing is subliminal.

Bren R.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Superman Returns on the IMAX - 07/21/06 05:29 AM
Sssmoke.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Superman Returns on the IMAX - 08/15/06 06:17 AM
Well, Ant Bully is tanking at the box office, and that's a shame, because it's actually pretty darn good. Grab your kids and head to the local IMAX before it's gone.

Up next, Open Season, which also look like it will be real good. 3D Animation in IMAX is really stunning.
© Axiom Message Boards