Axiom Home Page
Posted By: JSkip Looking for Outdoor Speakers - 07/04/06 01:57 AM
It's been a while, but I'm back! After nailing a super HT, I'm now looking for advice on outdoor speakers. I have a pool with a patio and a deck off the house. I would probably put the speakers on or near the deck. I'd like to hear all your thoughts. I am leaning towards something like a rock speaker, since I do not want to hang anything from the house.

Thanks, John
Posted By: JohnK Re: Looking for Outdoor Speakers - 07/04/06 05:52 AM
John, welcome back! I don't use "rock" speakers(I listen to classical!), but since no user has replied yet, this looks interesting. Note that the price is for one.
Posted By: JSkip Re: Looking for Outdoor Speakers - 07/04/06 12:25 PM
I must be getting slow. It took me a few seconds to get it!

This is the site I was looking at last night. It seems like every speaker is $118.50. I've seen a lot more expensive speakers (Niles,Rockustics), but I have to remind myself that it is only for outside.

Thanks, John
Posted By: bridgman Re: Looking for Outdoor Speakers - 07/05/06 04:57 PM
BTW, X10 currently has a real good sale on their wireless speaker electronics -- I just took a quick glance, but for $29 (normally about $150) you get a 2.4GHz stereo transmitter, a receiver and a 10W/chan power amp. Range is claimed to be about 100 feet, which is X10-ese for "60 to 70 feet".

Seems to good to pass up if you need outdoor speakers and aren't planning to trench and permanently wire 'em in.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Looking for Outdoor Speakers - 07/05/06 05:05 PM
To quote Kompressor We Must Destroy X10.

Been waiting a while to pull out that little bit of music.

Bren R.
© Axiom Message Boards