Axiom Home Page
http://www.teslamotors.com/
If gas prices keep going up, then the car will pay for itself in a few years.
It's encouraging to see that this car even exists. Thank god somebody is thinking ahead.

The first blu-ray machines are about $1000. Think about the very first DVD players. They were upwards of $1000. Now you can buy one at the grocery store for $39.95.
I believe Id rather have one of these

http://mobilemag.com/content/100/354/C9337/
Minis are too "cute" for me. I know a few people the have them and like them, but in central Iowa, it is a distance to get them serviced. Can't image how far they would have to go for that nice "hybrid" one. Very cool idea, just not my cup of tea. Of course, I like "petrol-power". I figure I can't afford it anyway, so who cares if my "dream car(s)" run on gas or are hybrid... That's why they are "dream" cars.

I like the pure fun of the Ariel Atom.
Performance and underdog atttude of the Noble M15.

I have some other "unique" favorite, but of course the car of my dreams as a kid was a Lamboghini Countach. That was back when Lambo's where unheard of by most people stuck on Ferrari and Porsche or the occasional Lotus fan. I like different and agressive.

Again, I am dreaming, so in my dream why not a hybrid, 35MPG Lamborghini that does 0-60 in 4.3sec, with a top speed of 201.
>>Again, I am dreaming, so in my dream why not a hybrid, 35MPG Lamborghini that does 0-60 in 4.3sec, with a top speed of 201

My dream vehicle is a 35 mpg diesel hybrid pickup that does 0-60 in 9 seconds pulling a 3 ton trailer

In the "totally humiliating" department I got passed on the highway by a SmartCar today. Must have been a tailwind or something, 'cause I was doing over 120 Km/h (70+ mph) and it blew right past me going uphill.

EDIT -- while searching for a picture I ran across SmartCar-related comments like "... with Stage III tuning..." and "... swapped in a 200 HP Suzuki engine...". I find that somewhat alarming.
Just read a review of the new samsung blueray player on audioholics.com. They said the upconverting of dvd's was as good or better than the Denon reference (well the $1400 Denon, one step under the reference). Looking at it from this stand-point it is a bargain since it also plays blueray's. However, there was a problem with the scaler that made bluerays look soft and the only output of the uncompressed dts and dolby digital was through pcm.
© Axiom Message Boards