Axiom Home Page
Posted By: dllewel Happy Halloween Everyone! - 10/31/06 06:36 PM
I want to wish everyone a happy and safe Halloween.

Here are some new pics from the other night.

-Dave.

Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Happy Halloween Everyone! - 10/31/06 06:40 PM
Nice!! Those ghosts look good!
Posted By: samandnoah Re: Happy Halloween Everyone! - 10/31/06 07:02 PM
Wow, those ghosts look awesome! What are they, and how are they attached?! In the first photo it looks like it's in the tree, but in the second one, I can't really tell with some of the others. Looks great all around. Congrats, and have fun!

Rich
Posted By: richeydog Re: Happy Halloween Everyone! - 10/31/06 07:45 PM
You had your house built upon a grave site? Creeeeeepy!

Very well done.
Posted By: Amie Re: Happy Halloween Everyone! - 10/31/06 08:15 PM
I can't even imagine how scared the really young trick-or-treaters are when they get to your house! Must be a memory they have forever! Another great looking year!
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Happy Halloween Everyone! - 10/31/06 09:44 PM
Great job Dave. My grandkids just had some fun just lookin' at the photos! They want US to try it next year!!

Rich.

Posted By: SirQuack Re: Happy Halloween Everyone! - 10/31/06 10:02 PM
The Raven Manor Rocks.
Posted By: cgrface Re: Happy Halloween Everyone! - 10/31/06 11:57 PM
Yea, built on a gravesite. What was that movie (not many here may remember) 1982, "Poltergeist", with Craig T. Nelson where the little girl becomes possessed by the voice in the tv set. Creepy stuff. Happy Halloween!!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Happy Halloween Everyone! - 11/01/06 12:04 AM
Heck yes, most of should remember that, except for the young newbies. I was 15 when that movie came out.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Happy Halloween Everyone! - 11/01/06 12:07 AM
Looks fantastic. I'm having a (very) quiet Halloween in a hotel in Bethesda, but I hope everyone else is having a great time!
Posted By: richeydog Re: Happy Halloween Everyone! - 11/01/06 12:09 AM
That "tree" in Poltergeist freaked me out for a looooong time .
Posted By: cgrface Re: Happy Halloween Everyone! - 11/01/06 12:12 AM
Really creeped me out. It couldn't get more bizzare than when the little vertically challenged lady did the excorcism. There was a real piece of work for ya.

We lived next to an old Jesuit Seminary along the Missouri river at the time. This place was complete with a cemetary that dated back to the 1700's. In fact, now that it joggs my memory, some old grave stones were unearthed when the ground was excavated. Yikes!!
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Happy Halloween Everyone! - 11/01/06 01:46 AM
We just got back from a Halloween party at "Camp Holly," a fish camp on the St. Johns river. The highlight of the evening was bobbing for apples. The kids got to go head to head in direct competition with the gators.

The gators generally did better than the kids.

The camp has only been there since 1928.
Rich.
Posted By: RickF Re: Happy Halloween Everyone! - 11/01/06 03:15 AM
Rich I remember going to Camp Holly way back whenever I was a youngster (raised in Orlando)....wasn't much out that way back then, but of course a lot of places were like that. Glad you all had fun!

Dave your Halloween display is really something else, I bet the kids love it. Kudos!
Posted By: BrenR Re: Happy Halloween Everyone! - 11/01/06 05:31 AM
We don't go nearly to that extreme... but this year's pumpkins looked like this:

Please don't sue, Discovery Channel.

Bren R.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Happy Halloween Everyone! - 11/01/06 05:58 AM
fun game
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Happy Halloween Everyone! - 11/01/06 11:21 AM
Yeah, Camp Holly can be lots of fun! They haven't changed much over the years. The old wooden bridge that was replaced by the 192 paved roadway has finally completely collapsed, and is missed. Used to be a good place to sit and go fishin'. And some of the boats for airboat rides are now powered by automobile engines rather than the aircooled aircraft type. But the old main structure is still standing from 1928, with only a few more high and low spots in the floor caused be uneven settling from the river raising and lowering from the hurricanes over the years.

We get over there fairly often since we've known one of the owners really, really well since May of 70.

....like the sign next to the door reads: "No shirt, no shoes, no problem!"
Rich.
Posted By: RickF Re: Happy Halloween Everyone! - 11/01/06 11:49 AM
Hey Rich, we'll have to meet up with you over there one weekend ... how's that!
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Happy Halloween Everyone! - 11/01/06 12:15 PM
That'd be cool!

Rich.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Happy Halloween Everyone! - 11/01/06 01:33 PM
What the heck is "MYTHHUSTEKS" ??
Posted By: BrenR Re: Happy Halloween Everyone! - 11/01/06 05:54 PM
Come a little bit closer, Peter... just a bit closer... just within arms reach.

Bren R.
© Axiom Message Boards