Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CV My Custom Logo, Round One - 12/02/06 03:50 AM
Hey there. I had this idea for an image a while ago, and I finally got around to paying someone to design it (since my skills are tiny). I'm having it done in logo form, since I can then use it on my site and put it on a shirt to wear around town. I got the first selection of concepts back from The Logo Company today. I showed them to my sister and my coworkers, and I've already put in my request for the first revisions to be made. I thought you all should see the concepts, though. I already feel like I'm ripping these people off, as low as their price is and as many options as they've given me right off the bat.

Here they are:

What do you think? As far as the illustration of the dragon and the unicorn, I'm having them use the style of 32. I'm having them reverse the positions of the two. The exclamation point will be more prominent, at the full height of the image, with the unicorn seeming to be pressed up against it. Then I'm having them approximate the color scheme of 22, and try to show the dragon's choking more with bulging eyes and a lowered jaw, like it's trying to regurgitate. Oddly enough, I think 05 is the strongest as a logo in its current state.

C.V.
Posted By: snowtrooper1966 Re: My Custom Logo, Round One - 12/02/06 05:46 AM
Greetings!
I agree, #5 is the strongest as far as layout, image and type.
What sort of business is this to be used for. I generally try to focus on the type of business, then work with the company name. That usually is a ggod start for logo design...
Best,
James W Barron
snowtrooper1966@hotmail.com
Posted By: CV Re: My Custom Logo, Round One - 12/02/06 06:26 AM
Ha ha, it's no business. It's a personal logo, to represent me. It'll be fun having a house full of items with my logo on it. I can't wait until I'm sleeping on a pillow with the logo.

C.V.
Posted By: HAY Re: My Custom Logo, Round One - 12/04/06 05:45 AM
I'm not sure if you posted about this before, but curiosity has the best of me....would you like to elaborate on your logo. Meaning, thoughts, origin?

I liked 22 the best except for the eyes on the dragon
Posted By: Nachosgrande Re: My Custom Logo, Round One - 12/04/06 02:16 PM
I like #22, it's an active graphic, including the loose rocks kicked up.
Posted By: LightninJoe Re: My Custom Logo, Round One - 12/04/06 04:06 PM
How about a poll?
Posted By: CV Re: My Custom Logo, Round One - 12/05/06 01:24 AM
Oh, man, no, I didn't even explain the logo at all. Well, it's just that I was thinking about dragons and unicorns one day (like we all do), and the image popped into my head of the dragon trying to devour the unicorn, only to get the unicorn's head first in the struggle, with the obvious problem of the horn giving the dragon's throat grief. I figured it was a good image for being both funny and sad. It's ridiculous, but it attempts to be a theory on why we don't see dragons and unicorns anymore. I guess I just like the idea of two creatures destined to kill each other off (like men and women). Plus, it goes with a story I'm going to write, once I learn how to write.

C.V.
Posted By: CV Re: My Custom Logo, Round One - 12/05/06 01:25 AM
Oh, yeah, and thanks for the poll!

C.V.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: My Custom Logo, Round One - 12/05/06 03:02 PM
Thanks for the explanation, as it made your thoughts clear.
Up until I read that, I was thinking that it seemed awful that someone would depict a pure innocent mythical creature being killed.

...I guess I am getting sensitive and mellow in my old age....
Posted By: CV Re: My Custom Logo, Round One - 12/06/06 01:46 AM
They sent me the first set of revisions, and I've already decided on a final logo, here:

What might be cooler is that I'm going to have someone do a painting of the idea. I read the video game blog, Kotaku, and I really liked Eliza Gauger's writing. I disagreed with most of her opinions on games, but she usually made me laugh and also sick of her talent. Well, I wasn't sick enough, because after not seeing her post in a while, I googled her and found her site (predictably, elizagauger.com), where I discovered she also does illustration. Go check her stuff out! I'm excited to see what she does with it.

C.V.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: My Custom Logo, Round One - 12/06/06 11:30 PM
How much money are you shelling out just for this personal logo?
Posted By: CV Re: My Custom Logo, Round One - 12/07/06 02:56 AM
$200, which could have been Wii money. I'm hoping I can get a t-shirt made before the annual employee banquet this Saturday.

C.V.
© Axiom Message Boards