Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SirQuack RIP Mr. Kim :( - 12/08/06 04:08 AM
For most of you that follow CNET, your aware that one of their Chief Technical Editors, James Kim, sadly passed away trying to find help for his family when they were stranded this week in the Oregon mountains. Below is a nice collection of some of his memories put togethor by CNET. You'll need broadband...

Nice Video compilation of James Kim and message from CNET regarding his tragic passing.

James, thanks for all the technical reviews/videos you've offered through the years. God Bless you and your family.
Posted By: LightninJoe Re: RIP Mr. Kim :( - 12/08/06 04:13 AM
I am familiar with Mr. Kim from CNET. I am also familiar with the road they were trying to take to Gold Beach. In good weather it is a spectacular scenic drive through very rough country. In blizzard conditions I can't imagine getting 30 miles down it like they did. I further can't imagine making it over 2 miles in sub-zero conditions in search of help for my family. The fortitude and love this man had for his family is immeasurable.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: RIP Mr. Kim :( - 12/08/06 12:48 PM
I was following the story and trying to remain hopeful. It greatly saddened me when I read that they had found his body. I'm going to go hug my family now.
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: RIP Mr. Kim :( - 12/08/06 06:44 PM
I was very sad too when I head they found him... I really enjoyed his videos for CNET I actually watched quite a few last weekend looking for mp3 player reviews. He will be sorely missed
God bless him and his family.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: RIP Mr. Kim :( - 12/08/06 07:49 PM
That's a severely depressing story. Ironic that if he'd stayed with his family, he'd likely still be alive. Bleck. Horrible.
Posted By: INANE Re: RIP Mr. Kim :( - 12/10/06 07:23 AM
I saw his picture on the news and it was really bugging me because I knew I had seen it before. Shortly after they announced he worked for CNET. Very sad story.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: RIP Mr. Kim :( - 12/10/06 10:31 PM
Quote:

That's a severely depressing story. Ironic that if he'd stayed with his family, he'd likely still be alive. Bleck. Horrible.

Actually, the helicopters followed Mr. Kim's footsteps back to his family. So really, he saved his family, in a way.
© Axiom Message Boards