Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pmbuko It starts with your first radio. - 01/19/07 05:08 AM
Then you upgrade to a stereo. Then you get a receiver and separate speakers. How many steps, then, does it take to get to here?

http://knuttz.net/hosted_pages/Amazing-Music-Room-20070117

Nice equipment and setup, but he really jumped the shark when he added the cable elevators.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: It starts with your first radio. - 01/19/07 05:12 AM
Oh my. . .
Posted By: dllewel Re: It starts with your first radio. - 01/19/07 05:20 AM
Wow, quite simply amazing. This person has taken quite a few steps I will never reach.
Posted By: CV Re: It starts with your first radio. - 01/19/07 05:40 AM
That's one of the rooms Rives Audio did! It's featured in one of the brochures/articles they sent. Very impressive. I'm still thinking I'll save for an acoustical consultation/design from them. I don't have an unlimited budget, but I'd like to take it as far as I can when I do the home theater remodel. So yeah, I need to save up all of my vacation time so I can sell it back.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: It starts with your first radio. - 01/19/07 05:57 AM
When they try to sell you wires and cables that cost more than a good bicycle, run the other way.
Posted By: JohnK Re: It starts with your first radio. - 01/19/07 06:00 AM
Yes Peter, but he appears to have an inadequate number of cable elevators to prevent an obvious droop which might in large part nullify the benefits of that equipment.
Posted By: jakewash Re: It starts with your first radio. - 01/19/07 08:58 AM
That incredible and he has way too much spare money and time on his hands.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: It starts with your first radio. - 01/19/07 04:37 PM
And credulousness. Don't forget credulousness.

Oooh, that one's gonna get flames...
Posted By: LightninJoe Re: It starts with your first radio. - 01/19/07 05:57 PM
Oh, the humanity! I wonder if Thelonious Monk sounds better with the cable elevators? And those firehoses/power cables? I guess he has his own power plant on his property and doesn't use the "grid." Otherwise spending $$$ on just the last 6 feet would seem...

Beautiful room though. And some nice gear.
Posted By: LightninJoe Re: It starts with your first radio. - 01/19/07 05:58 PM
Quote:

And credulousness. Don't forget credulousness.

Oooh, that one's gonna get flames...

There's some truthiness to that.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: It starts with your first radio. - 01/19/07 06:02 PM
Hey, I looked it up. Credulousness is a legitimate word.
Posted By: Nachosgrande Re: It starts with your first radio. - 01/19/07 07:14 PM
Yes but he sleeps in a sleeping bag and uses the outhouse for the bathroom. Small sacrifices, I guess....
Posted By: Wid Re: It starts with your first radio. *DELETED* - 01/19/07 08:19 PM
Post deleted by wid
Posted By: Ken.C Re: It starts with your first radio. - 01/19/07 08:21 PM
Anything that resizes my browser window without permission is not getting read.
Posted By: Wid Re: It starts with your first radio. - 01/19/07 08:24 PM

ok
Posted By: Ken.C Re: It starts with your first radio. - 01/19/07 08:33 PM
No offense meant to you. Web sites taking liberties with my configuration kinda annoy me.
Posted By: LightninJoe Re: It starts with your first radio. - 01/19/07 08:44 PM
Amen to that. People need to follow W3C standards.
Posted By: Nachosgrande Re: It starts with your first radio. - 01/23/07 04:21 PM
What did I miss?
Posted By: Wid Re: It starts with your first radio. - 01/23/07 04:41 PM
You missed nothing, I deleted a post that talked in more detail about the system linked in the thread. It seems the link was causing troubles of some kind so I deleted it. No big thing.
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: It starts with your first radio. - 01/24/07 09:39 PM
My audiophile buddy swears that keeping the speaker cables off the floor helps, although he made his own tripod stands out of dowel rods and string.

What kind of speakers are those in that system?
© Axiom Message Boards