Axiom Home Page
Posted By: tomtuttle DDR Software? - 01/22/07 04:49 PM
So, it's come to this.

My kids are enamored of some... thing... called "Dance Dance Revolution". It's horrifying. They play it at friends' on Xbox.

Problem is, I don't possess or have any inclination to acquire either an Xbox or PS2/PS3.

So, does anybody have any opinion on the more-limited software available for either Gamecube (playable on Wii) or PC?

I'm not doing this. It's for the kids. So, you can laugh, but no pointing.
Posted By: jakewash Re: DDR Software? - 01/22/07 05:37 PM
I found this and this
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: DDR Software? - 01/22/07 06:36 PM
snicker-snicker.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: DDR Software? - 01/22/07 07:07 PM
Oh yeah? You room sucks, ear-boy.
Posted By: BrenR Re: DDR Software? - 01/22/07 07:22 PM
I was really, REALLY hoping this was to do with Digital Disk Recorders and not Dance Dance Revolution.

Seriously, though.... at least it's exercise, they're not just sitting in front of a console twitching their thumbs.

If you don't mind them playing on the PC - Kraft's giving away dance mats here, you just pay shipping and handling.

Bren R.
Posted By: CV Re: DDR Software? - 01/22/07 11:35 PM
I actually really like Dance Dance Revolution. Sure, it's not real dancing, but I find it fun. It's a good way to burn calories without really feeling like you're exercising. Of course, I haven't played it in a long time because I gave both of my Xboxes away. I'll get the new version for the Xbox 360 when it comes out, as I'm getting outrageously fat. They sure are taking long enough. It was originally scheduled to be released in September, I believe, or maybe even sooner, but I think it's February now.

But yeah, I have no answer for your question. I know people have mentioned similar games for the computer, but I don't know about setting all of that up. The $100 Red Octane pads I used to have had a USB connection on the end for connecting to PCs, and they're definitely more responsive and more comfortable to dance on than the cheap pads, but I can't really recommend them. Other people I know got them, too, and after only a few months of use, I'd say half of them stopped registering your steps so well.

I think I'd probably go for the DDR Mario Mix for the Gamecube rather than the PC.
Posted By: duckman Re: DDR Software? - 01/23/07 02:00 AM
No PS3? Here ya go , you'll be the coolest dad on the block.
I actually played that bloody game once- on like my 38th or so birthday, it was not pretty. Dam comical for those who witnessed it though.
Posted By: jakewash Re: DDR Software? - 01/23/07 02:10 AM
Quote:

No PS3? Here ya go , you'll be the coolest dad on the block.
I actually played that bloody game once- on like my 38th or so birthday, it was not pretty. Dam comical for those who witnessed it though.

What? No one took a video of it. There must be one somewhere, I would love to see it.
Posted By: CV Re: DDR Software? - 01/23/07 02:56 AM
Ha ha, I don't know ANYONE who looked anything but ridiculous on their first attempts. That's half the fun of starting to play. It's good to learn the game in a group, so everyone can enjoy each other's funky stepping.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: DDR Software? - 01/23/07 04:24 PM
I'm going to have to find some other way to be The Coolest Dad on the Block, because THAT is not happening!

I think I give up. The titles just seem too limited on either the PC or GC platforms, and I'm just not willing to implement yet another gaming system. Yet.

I really appreciate the replies, gentlemen.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: DDR Software? - 01/23/07 07:49 PM
Tom, I'm sure the only way you'd lose the coolest dad on the block contest is is you moved down the block from me.
© Axiom Message Boards