Axiom Home Page
Posted By: PeterChenoweth M80's: Ordered! - 02/05/07 05:13 PM
MONTHS of see-saw battles and debating with myself.
Sleepless, restless nights wondering if I should or not.
My wife pleading, 'would you just order them already!'
Wandering to other forums lurking for advice, guidance.
Countless audio shops, listening to other speakers wondering, "gee, I wonder how M80's compare to these,".

It's done. <que the chorus>

With the grace of a raise at work, the M80's are ordered. It's been a couple years since I've ordered from Axiom - how long do regular stock speakers take to arrive, roughly?

Let the pacing begin!! It's gonna be a long week!

Sorry for the post, just kind of excited!
Posted By: HomeDad Re: M80's: Ordered! - 02/05/07 05:22 PM
Congrats Peter, let us know what you think once they arrive. Regular stock usally only takes a couple days, my guess is you will have them before the end of the week.
Posted By: Wid Re: M80's: Ordered! - 02/05/07 05:42 PM

Good news for sure. I guess that means you won't be stopping by I was ready to pm you to tell ya Saturday would have been best. Now you get to hear them in your own room.
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: M80's: Ordered! - 02/05/07 06:37 PM
Well, uh, yeah, uh. no.

I hadn't heard back over the weekend so I just sort of figured that next weekend wouldn't work for you, and went ahead and just took the plunge. I sincerely hope you aren't offended or otherwise that I don't need to take you up on your offer.
Posted By: Wid Re: M80's: Ordered! - 02/05/07 06:51 PM
I'm not offended how I could be; I was the one that took to long to respond... You’re now a member of the ever growing M80 club . I'm sorry that I had taken so long but I was making sure we didn't have any other plans before I committed myself to a day.
Posted By: RickF Re: M80's: Ordered! - 02/05/07 07:19 PM
Quote:

I committed myself to a day.

Yea, and the rest of us will certainly recommend that you need to be committed for more than a day or ... ten years.

Congrats on the new speaks Peter, I for one believe you'll be quite happy with the new digs ... don't forget about the required pictures!
Posted By: Wid Re: M80's: Ordered! - 02/05/07 07:23 PM
Quote:

Yea, and the rest of us will certainly recommend that you need to be committed for more than a day or ... ten years.

Posted By: RickF Re: M80's: Ordered! - 02/05/07 07:34 PM

Posted By: bugbitten Re: M80's: Ordered! - 02/05/07 08:33 PM
Congrats on joining the club!
Posted By: littleb Re: M80's: Ordered! - 02/05/07 11:16 PM
Congrats, Peter. I--must--have--the willpower to resist.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: M80's: Ordered! - 02/05/07 11:26 PM
Quote:

Congrats, Peter. I--must--have--the willpower to resist.

Sheesh, get ahold of yourself! Just click the button you big baby!
Posted By: littleb Re: M80's: Ordered! - 02/05/07 11:43 PM
Your right, I am a big baby!
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: M80's: Ordered! - 02/06/07 03:24 AM
Quote:

My wife pleading, 'would you just order them already!'

Bingo!

Congrats, Peter. I sure hope you have plenty of room to position those M80's. They're huge and finicky. At least that's what I heard.

I ordered on a Thursday night and got my speakers in WA State on Monday morning, I believe. I'm certain it was two business days plus the weekend.

Call in sick the rest of the week. Enjoy!
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: M80's: Ordered! - 02/06/07 04:58 PM
Believe me, I'm pretty sure I might have the flu on Friday. Luckily my boss doesn't care if I work from home on Friday (I'm an IT guy), so that's a plus.

Just ordered the Emotiva LPA-1 too. I was going to be daring and see how my Pioneer AVR does (>6ohm) with the M80's, but have decided that I really ought to have something rated appropriately to run them. I've had my eye on the Emotiva amps for a couple of months after seeing a few gorgeous photos of the MPS-1 floating around here. Thought I'd give the LPA-1 a shot since it's safe down to 4ohms.

I have read here that the M80's are slightly picky about positioning, but I hope that won't be a problem. My m22's are set up now in such a way that I *think* the M80's will be a drop-in replacement. The m22's are about 3 feet from the back wall, and about 2 feet from each side wall, so the M80's should have room to breathe. My Den/HT room is about 3300 cu/ft, and I have the full support of my wife to move couches, bookshelves, etc as necessary. She's an audio-nut too, so that helps.
Posted By: RickF Re: M80's: Ordered! - 02/06/07 05:11 PM
Quote:

The m22's are about 3 feet from the back wall, and about 2 feet from each side wall, so the M80's should have room to breathe.

Peter I believe you will find that the 3 and 2 foot margins are more than enough room to fine tune your 80s to sonic bliss, you have lots of room to play with.

That's going to be heck of a system connected to the Emotiva, have fun!
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: M80's: Ordered! - 02/06/07 05:23 PM
Sounds like you married VERY well, Peter!

I was just muckraking about the M80's. Posse tactic.

Looking forward to your comparison and photos and stuff!
Posted By: Wid Re: M80's: Ordered! - 02/06/07 05:32 PM

You should do well in that size room. Where you have your M22s should do great with the M80s but a little tinkering with them might be in order. One thing is for sure don't put the spikes on until you have the final position picked out, they are a bear to move with them on.
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: M80's: Ordered! - 02/08/07 08:13 PM
Went home for lunch....

Speakers are delivered (one day early!) !
Amp is delivered!

230+ pounds of audio bliss await me!

Already told the boss that I won't be in tomorrow.

Unfortunately one of the speaker boxes looks like it went through a blender. Lots of torn cardboard. Near the bottom (in the front - <shudder>) it looks like something cut right through the box - a clean deep slice.

I didn't have time to open the box and couldn't tell if the speaker was damaged but I'll be surprised if that speaker isn't nicked somehwere...

That'll be a call to Axiom if it is!
Posted By: Wid Re: M80's: Ordered! - 02/08/07 08:18 PM
I had a box that was pretty beat up too. Lucky for me the speaker was in perfect shape. I hope all is well.

Post your opinions and pics.
Posted By: Theo Re: M80's: Ordered! - 05/06/07 11:31 PM
Quote:

Went home for lunch....

Speakers are delivered (one day early!) !
Amp is delivered!

230+ pounds of audio bliss await me!

Already told the boss that I won't be in tomorrow.

Unfortunately one of the speaker boxes looks like it went through a blender. Lots of torn cardboard. Near the bottom (in the front - <shudder>) it looks like something cut right through the box - a clean deep slice.

I didn't have time to open the box and couldn't tell if the speaker was damaged but I'll be surprised if that speaker isn't nicked somehwere...

That'll be a call to Axiom if it is!

Peter,

How does the LPA-1 work with the M80's? I'm looking at a similiar setup, just posted a new thread asking questions on this combo...appreciate it if you'd share your thoughts and experiences!!

Ted
© Axiom Message Boards