Axiom Home Page
Posted By: tomtuttle Spam - 02/07/07 01:15 AM
Not email. The Hormel (meat?) product.
Posted By: LightninJoe Re: Spam - 02/07/07 01:53 AM
Loved the stuff when I was a kid. Until the first time my Mom had me open the cat food. Tried it once since and nearly had a heart attack from the salt. Nope, don't like it. Don't like it one bit.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Spam - 02/07/07 02:09 AM
Being that I was born and raised in hawaii and still live here, The spam capital of the world (maybe?) Im pretty used to it. Spam musubi is really good, Its a peice of spam fried then wrapped in rice and wrapped in seaweed. Sort of like a sushi. Good stuff. A breakfast staple
Posted By: CV Re: Spam - 02/07/07 02:34 AM
My mom's from Hawaii, so I eat spam a fair amount. Spam with eggs on rice, spam with pork and beans on rice, spam fried rice, it's all good.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Spam - 02/07/07 02:30 PM
You can trace US empire-building throughout the Pacific by looking for the occurrence of SPAM in native diets. It's like a radioactive isotope, in a way.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Spam - 02/07/07 04:40 PM
It took an internet poll on canned meat to put that Anthropology degree to use, eh?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Spam - 02/08/07 01:07 AM
Funny you mention anthropology. Because of a conversation I had over breakfast with some coworkers, word has started to get around that I majored in Anthropology. I've had a couple people comment on it in a way that seems they're bumping me up a click on their prestige scale. The manager of the network infrastructure team used to rag on me for being "fruity" -- because I administer the Apple Macs, get it? -- but now he seems to look at me different. Are people really so shallow?
Posted By: LightninJoe Re: Spam - 02/08/07 05:20 AM
Quote:

Are people really so shallow?

Mmmmmm.... apples.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Spam - 02/08/07 06:23 AM
Quote:

Are people really so shallow?

Unfortunately way too many are.
© Axiom Message Boards