Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Zarak TV on the Radio - 02/09/07 03:45 AM
I bought TV on the Radio's latest CD, Return to Cookie Mountain, about a week ago. I had heard a couple songs from their first album, Dreams being my favorite, which is available as a free download here along with some of their other songs. Anyway, I had been hearing the new album is better then the first, and it is getting good reviews from all the critics as well, so I picked it up. It takes a listen or two to get used to, but I'm hooked now. Dirtywhirl and A Method are two of my favs, but I think it is the type of album where the whole thing is good, and one song is a favorite, and then 10 listens through later another song grows on you and becomes your favorite, until most of them get a turn. Anyway, I wanted to see if anyone else is into them. If you aren't I recommend checking them out, especially if you are interested in new music that isn't completely mainstream. Here is a link to the TVOTR Web Site

I see they're coming to Philly in April. I might just have to go. I actually saw them open for NIN back in June, but I only knew a couple of their songs then.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: TV on the Radio - 02/09/07 04:48 AM
Talk about weird timing, Zarak, but I just added TV on the Radio to my queue at yourmusic. Played a couple of samples and liked what I heard. Have to wait until payday to hit purchase.
Posted By: muzikjunkee Re: TV on the Radio - 02/09/07 08:22 PM
Z-TVOTR is incredible! I couldn't wait to get my hands on Return to Coookie Mountain. I bought it the day it was released. This was easily the best CD I've purchased in years. If they are going to be in Philly, don't miss the show. I saw them in Baltimore back in Oct. Unbelieveable!
Posted By: Zarak Re: TV on the Radio - 02/15/07 01:03 AM
I'll be there. My wife said she'd go with me. Just ordered tickets. April 20th in Philly! Only a 1200 person venue, SRO. Should be good getting to see them up close.
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: TV on the Radio - 02/16/07 06:12 PM
thanks for the heads up on this one you guys, can't find them anywhere on the radio (absolutely no pun intended here, quite serious actually) but they get a bit of airplay on Sirius. Have to see if i can track down the disc.
Posted By: Zarak Re: TV on the Radio - 02/19/07 03:11 AM
Tower Records is the cheapest place I have seen Return to Cookie Mountain online. Amazon has it as well.
© Axiom Message Boards