Axiom Home Page
Posted By: samandnoah Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/14/07 10:19 PM
I know some folks have had fun creating their Miis (that word does not require an apostrophe, but it sure looks funny without it) and some have created ones for famous folks. Some groups have started exchanging them, and I thought that might be fun for this forum/community as well.

Here's what you do (credit for these clear directions belong to Jincman on another board).

You can get your Wii Number by going to your address book in the Message Center . . . from the message center . . . click on create message . . . then click on address book . . . then click the arrow on the left side of the page to go back to the first page of the address which will list your Wii number . . . post your Wii number here.

To enter other peoples Wii numbers . . . from the address book click register . . . then click Wii . . . . then click on enter Wii number and enter your friends Wii number.

The other person will also have to respond and invite you in return in order to close the loop and make the connection active. Then go to the Mii parade and you'll see others that you can add to your Wii.

This will now allow you to send mail back and forth between Wii's and allow you to play games together in the future . . . also your Mii's will travel from one system to another and populate the background in games like Wii Sports.

My Wii number is:

0265 9735 1376 0265

If you want to join in, please post your Wii number, let us know whom you are adding to your Wii, and we'll then respond in turn to let you know you've been added as well.

Have fun!
Rich
Posted By: real80sman Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/14/07 10:25 PM
I have an original Nintendo. Could you please post the instructions for this system. I'd like to join in, too!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/14/07 10:27 PM
Does this work with my Mattel Intellivision?
Posted By: jakewash Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/14/07 10:31 PM
Quote:

Sure it will work, you just have to have your newly purchased Wii sitting with the Intellivision and hook your Wii up the your internet connection, then follow the instructions above, you are ready to go.
6926 8313 6295 3061

Currently I have like...12 mii's. Lots of friends from college in there. All my Mii's are on mingle. Leave the blond chick alone :-).

Have you added.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/14/07 10:52 PM
Quote:

Leave the blond chick alone :-)

His name is Frank.

Bren R.
Quote:

Quote:

Leave the blond chick alone :-)

His name is Frank.

Bren R.

Close...Bob.

Good one Bren
Quote:

Man, I used to want that so bad, especially for the football.

My Wii number is: 4347 3987 9392 4111.

I've had other users let me add their Mii's. Some people are VERY creative and recognizable. I've seen Dick Cheney, Snoop Dog, Santa, Bono, and even Jesus C.

Or the Office cast, I love Dwight:

The Office

Can you make the head look like an M22? Now THAT would be interesting.
Posted By: samandnoah Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/15/07 03:28 AM
danmagicman-- I've added you as well

oldskoolboarder -- Those Office characters are too funny! Saw you Mii today. Awesome! Was Bush from you? The ones I sent are me (Richii) and Sam and Noah, the faces behind my username.

I'd love to see some of the other creative ones, like Bono, etc. My wife and I tried to make some, and we failed miserably. We thought maybe Mick Jagger would be obvious enough but we couldn't get there. We'll come up with something!

And about the Intellivision, I still deeply reqret ever getting rid of that. 1982-1983 I played that baseball game almost every day with my best friend. Loved that game. And I still think that was one of the best baseball games there was. You had such incredible control. There was an emulated version of the game for the PS2, but it didn't really work without that control pad. That was the key.

See you all soon!
Rich
Posted By: bray Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/15/07 03:52 AM
I'll share once I get the Wii hooked up to the internet.
Hopefully tomorrow I can get a stretch of cable run from my modem to my airport express.
I dont really understand my Fios modem.
Even though its connected via ethernet cable to my mac it appears to be a wireless modem also, so technically I should be able to connect wirelessly to the internet that way.
When I do internet setup on the Wii it shows my airport express and another connect (I think its one of my neighbors) but I cant connect using the airport express because I dont have a modem connected to it (just used for getting tunes to the AVR) and I dont have a password to the other.
Anyone have any ideas other than me climbing through the attic tomorrow?
Posted By: bray Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/15/07 04:05 AM
Nevermind, I just figured it out.
Cool!
Mii info to come.
Posted By: bray Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/15/07 06:00 AM
Mine is.... 8137 0532 8899 6392.
I've got ya'll entered.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/15/07 06:55 AM
This just doesn't seem right, but...

0756 4467 3291 4263

Mine is a decent depiction. The rest are mostly my kids messing around.
Just remember, most Mii's have Mingle turned off by default. You have to turn it on by editing your Mii (on the screen where you can change the name, birthday, etc) and turn Mingle on.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/15/07 02:11 PM
So when is Nintendo going to throw the switch and turn you all into mindless drones as part of their plan for world domination?

I only say that out of jealousy.
Posted By: bray Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/15/07 03:14 PM
Quote:

So when is Nintendo going to throw the switch and turn you all into mindless drones as part of their plan for world domination?

They already have.
If you've registered me, send me your Mii via the Mii chanel (you click the mail icon when you are in there) so I can add your mii to the address book.

Cool!

P.S. Has anyone tried the "Everybody Votes Channel"? It seems like its going to be a lot of fun, especially once it gets rolling.
I think I sent everyone two of myself.

Save the 2nd version of "Dan". That is the more physically accurate one.

Anyways, I've only seen one person "NOAH" in the mii parade. Does everyone have all the mii's on mingle? Be sure to go to the mii parade (top right button in the mii channel) and once you are in mii parade, go to travel settings and make sure it is on "Travel"

That way we can have cool parades. Yay.
Posted By: bray Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/16/07 03:26 AM
All of mine are set that way so you should be seeing them.
I 've even dragged them on to the mail icon and sent them to everyone.
I havent seen anyones Miis either.

dan and oldskate are active in my address book but samandnoah is still grayed out. I need to put Tom in yet.
Posted By: samandnoah Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/16/07 03:50 AM
Bray I've just entered you. You still show grayed out, but will take some time before it actually registers. When it does, I'll send you some of mine.

Tom T, same for you!

Dan, Noah is one of mine. I sent you Noah, Sam, and Richii. So you should be seeing all of them. Interesting. I'm not that familiar with how this works since I've just started mingling.

And when you send the 2nd you, you dropped in, and I got a message that you sent a second Dan, and that it replaced the first one. So that was pretty cool.

Rich
Posted By: bray Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/16/07 03:55 AM
I've sent 8 Miis out.
The one based on me is SEAMUS.
The others I've sent are Sir Fotwin, Tidbit, Nickhole, Shep, CutiePie, Sassy and Ace. All of them are based on people i know. (some good some not so good)
I think if you guys send me your Mii's, they won't show up in the parade. For instance, I saw Tom walking around all by himself in the Mii parade, but when tom sent me his Mii, he was no longer there.

You guys should see all my Mii's in the parade since the only Mii I've sent you is Dan.

I think thats how its working...

But it's cool, I have lots of Mii's now. :-) Tom, your Mii really looks like you!

I might try to make a Mii after the staff of Axiom...like...Ian and Alan...maybe that's too fanboyish of me.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/16/07 09:35 AM
Quote:

I think if you guys send me your Mii's, they won't show up in the parade. For instance, I saw Tom walking around all by himself in the Mii parade, but when tom sent me his Mii, he was no longer there.

You guys should see all my Mii's in the parade since the only Mii I've sent you is Dan.

I think thats how its working...

But it's cool, I have lots of Mii's now. :-) Tom, your Mii really looks like you!

I might try to make a Mii after the staff of Axiom...like...Ian and Alan...maybe that's too fanboyish of me.

You are correct the Mii parade only works as a viewer, once the Mii is in your plaza it is no longer in the parade and when you are sent a Mii it is put into the plaza.

I have read that the Wii only connects once every 20 min does its checks and then disconnects, which is why it takes so long for Miis to show up and for friend codes to start working.

I have made the Stormtrooper and a Darth Vader(not really good)
I have all my Miis set to mingle

My Wii number 1427 7656 9054 3900
Added you jakewash.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/16/07 04:58 PM
Dan, I got your Mii. Very exciting!

Quote:

Tom, your Mii really looks like you!

Oh, you have no idea. It makes my kids feel weird. I got some sunglasses from The Rudy Project that look exactly the the Mii ones. For a variety of reasons, it took a very long time for me to get good prescription sunglasses, and I'm really happy with these.

Rich, you seem to be "registered" but I don't remember seeing any Miis arrive. I registered Bray and oldschool, but didn't get the reciprocal registration back yet. I sent my Mii ("my Mii"?!?!) to Rich and Dan. I'll register jakewash tonight.

I'm *supposed* to feel like a kid, right?
Posted By: bray Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/16/07 09:22 PM
Tom and Jake
Ya'll are both regestered now so you should be seeing my Wiis.
The only ones I've seen is Dan and Danny.
Danny showed up in the parade this morning. A parade of 1.
Is Danny one of yours Danmagicman?
Yes, Danny is one of mine. Orange shirt. I have a ton of other mii's though, all are on mingle. I just made some office characters.
Posted By: bray Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/17/07 05:17 AM
Quote:

I have a ton of other mii's though, all are on mingle.

I wonder why I just get Danny then?? Tom is now in my plaza and I guess the Elvis his his also, he's in the parade with Danny.
OK, I've seen some from Bray, Dan, and samandnoah. I sent you guys min.

I just added tom and jakewash.

I don't know if it's one of you guys but someone made John Locke from Lost and it's in the parade. Very cool. You guys have inspired me to make a few more...

BTW, we need some of us to add an Axiom poll on the voting channel!

If any of you are interested in joining a great Nintendo game board, PM me. The guys are laid back and open to game/techie discussions on various platforms besides Nintendo. It's really like this board for video games. I get a lot of cool Mii's from those guys too.
I see vivian and elvis in the parade.

Don't send people mii's unless its you. I'd like to see more people in the parade.

Be sure you turn on mingle on all your Mii's. Then go to the Mii parade, then click on "Travel Setting" and click on "Travel"

Hopefully we can get more.

I have 5 office characters that should be mingling...also have about 12 other miis other than "Dan" on my system...they should be parading like Danny. Maybe it just takes a while.
Posted By: samandnoah Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/18/07 05:57 PM
Hey jakewash, I finally added you. Sorry, I've been offline for a couple of days. I can hardly wait to see the Stormtrooper and your Darth Vader. My boys will DIE when they see those.

Bray, I'm not seeing any of your people yet (at least none of the names you mentioned). I'll keep looking for them.

Do I owe anyone an add? I went back through the posts, and I think I've got everyone covered. Send me a PM if I missed you, or if you'd like me to send you somebody rather than waiting for a "mingle".

This is so cool. Mr Tuttle, you played a mean 3rd base in baseball last night, and went a solid 2 for 2 with a double and a single.

Rich
Posted By: bray Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/18/07 09:34 PM
Has anyone seen any of my Miis??
Theyre all on mingle + I sent most of them to ya'lls plazas.
If you sent them to us via Wii E-mail...we won't be able to see them in the parade.

I see 4 people in the parade now.

Just to let you guys know, on a sad note, my Wii is unplugged for a week, so my Mii's won't be happily gathering on your Wii's.

Our wing at college is doing a tech-fast in which we do not partake in any unnecessary technology usage. That means Wii and Axiom boards...but I'm still using my Axioms. A man can't live without music. Anyways...yea..
Posted By: jakewash Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/20/07 09:34 AM
Will be adding everyone tomorrow, sorry its taking so long, my kitchen reno is still on going and its just appliances!
Posted By: jakewash Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/20/07 04:45 PM
I have finally added everyone.
Posted By: samandnoah Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/21/07 12:47 AM
Jakewash -- Looking forward to seeing your miis.

Bray -- I'm still not seeing yours. What's up with that? I wish I knew what to suggest. Do you have yours set to stay connected even when you turn it off? I vaguely recall that that might have an impact. Have you sent any directly to me?

Rich
Posted By: bray Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/21/07 12:49 AM
Yep.
I sent almost all of them to ya.
Mingle is on, travel is on, 24 connect is on.
Dont know what else to do.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/21/07 01:50 AM
Bray came bouncing into my plaza today. I see Ace and Sir Fotwin on parade. maybe a couple others, too.

However, I have not received Miis from Rich, Oldschool or Jason yet. In either the plaza or parade. I guess Dan's experience contraindicates this, but I wonder if you need to get a Mii from someone before their other characters start to mingle?

I think I've sent myself to everyone, now. If you don't see Mii, let Mii know.

Ouch.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/21/07 03:30 AM
The Mii parade just takes time, I have been connected to another friend of mine for 5 weeks and I have only received 4 of his and he has received 5 of mine and I have 29 Mii's set to mingle. Patience everyone.

I do have Sir Fotwin as well. And just checked, Tom is now in my plaza. Nice Mii.
Got bray's and Tom's. I saw a few Dan's but not sure which one is which. I have about 40+ mingling in my parade.

Someone did a Dwight, nice.

I did my family but nothing more creative than that.
Posted By: CV Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/22/07 04:15 AM
I was at Best Buy to get Crackdown and Lost Planet (since the HSU VTF-3 HO won't be in stock until the end of March), and one of the first things I saw going in was a girl clutching a Wii to her chest. Of course, there weren't any left on the shelf. How evil. I totally would have picked one up tonight.
Posted By: samandnoah Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/22/07 05:38 AM
OK, OK, so patience is not a virtue that *I* have/understand! Actually, seeing more folks in the parade, and starting to see some of Bray's miis.

jakewash, thanks for the Star Wars characters! Too funny. I'll continue to check regularly for new additions.

This thing is just too cool. It makes me feel like a little kid. And as I wrote on another forum, I'm actually waiting for new games to be released the way I used to wait for new albums from my favorite artists to be released. SSX Blur this coming Tues, and then Tiger Woods golf 2 weeks after that.

Rich
Posted By: jakewash Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/22/07 08:44 AM
I figured I had better send the characters to you rather than make you wait for them in the parade. Who knows when they would show up.

Any sport game that requires a swinging motion is sure hit on the Wii.

I have the Rapala trophy fishing and it is quite fun, you even have to 'set the hook' and 'real in' when a fish bites. The Wiimote bumps when a fish bites to give you the feel of the fish on the rod. They even have you drive the boat to the fishing holes.
Posted By: bray Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/22/07 12:26 PM
I've been wondering about the Rapala fishing. Yove just convinced me.

On another note.
I've sent emails to my Wii and usually get them in about an hour.
However when I attach a .jpg to an e-mail it never goes through.
Am I missing something?
Acording to the manual, I should be able to send .jpgs to the Wiis message board and view them on the photo channel.
Whats up with that?
Posted By: samandnoah Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/22/07 05:31 PM
Quote:

Am I missing something?
Acording to the manual, I should be able to send .jpgs to the Wiis message board and view them on the photo channel.
Whats up with that?

I'd love to know the answer to that as well. We haven't been able to use that channel to this point.

Rich
I'm making the entire office cast...look for them coming soon to your Wii!
Posted By: jakewash Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/27/07 09:02 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Am I missing something?
Whats up with that?

I'd love to know the answer to that as well. We haven't been able to use that channel to this point.

Rich

I sent myself a picture on the 22nd mid eveniing and received it on the 23rd don't know when as the Wii doesn't time stamp So it does work.

I am up to 15 Miis in the parade.
Posted By: bray Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/27/07 12:41 PM
Quote:

I sent myself a picture on the 22nd mid eveniing and received it on the 23rd don't know when as the Wii doesn't time stamp So it does work.

Which format did you use for the pic?
I used a small jpg. of my updated system. I've sent it twice now and still havent received it.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/27/07 01:58 PM
If you send your Wii to mii, I'll sii if I can fiix it.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/28/07 04:21 AM
Its a jpeg in 640X480. The manual states BASIC jpeg is supported so I guess it might be a size limit shutting you down.
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 04/27/07 02:55 AM
Now that I have a Wii too would it be ok if I add y'all's Wii codes in my address book? (I don't have anything extraordinary when it comes to Miis, I just have a ok copy of myself and my wife, but I'll create more when I have time).

Also here's my Wii number: 5389 3218 8962 8107

Just let me know if you don't want me to add ya'll.
Posted By: bray Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 04/27/07 02:19 PM
Feel free to add my Wii address.You'll find it earlier in this thread.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 04/27/07 03:26 PM
Hi Cam,

By all means. I love to see new faces in the parade. I believe my address is in the thread somewhere, too. I'll add yours this weekend.
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 04/27/07 03:49 PM
Thanks! I'll add you this weekend too.

I'm gonna assume that samandnoah , oldskoolboarder, danmagicman7 , and jakewash are ok with me adding them to my address book unless otherwise noted from them.

Also I've noticed that some in this thread mentioned making some stormtroopers and Darth Vader; how do you make those? The default option on the Mii menu doesn't allow me any kind of prop or costume. Is there some kind of mod/hack?
Yes go right ahead.

I think those mods like Vader are just done w/ creative "hair". There is a way to hack the Mii off the Wiimote and put it on your PC or Mac. Then you can edit it and put it back. However, I've never tried this yet.
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 04/28/07 12:24 AM
There! I've added everybody!
Posted By: jakewash Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 04/28/07 07:43 AM
You shall be added to mine. I did the Vader and Strooper. its not too hard. You just have to have a little imagination when looking at them as they are not really close. When I get you added I will send them to you.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 04/30/07 04:28 PM
Cam - I got you registered and sent you my Mii. I think you might have showed up in the Parade. Sometimes, it takes a while for the parade to build; I think I have about 60 people in it now (thanks to all of you!).

I still dig Wii Sports. I shot 5 under par for nine holes last night. I'm horrifically crappy at the Sonic thing. I enjoyed playing Rampage with my son, but - like Play - it's only a two-player game.
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 05/01/07 12:12 AM
If I take a Mii from the parade and add it to my plaza will it disappear from the parade? Also yours appeared directly in my plaza, does that mean that you sent it to me directly? So far I have a Darth Vader in my parade.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 05/01/07 08:44 AM
Yes the Mii will disappear from the parade and if the mii appeared in your plaza then it was mailed to you. Is that my Vader?
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 05/01/07 08:05 PM
Yes, I sent my Mii to you directly. I think it goes like this...

From the Wii Plaza, select the Wii Friend icon (little envelope with a circle in the middle, I think)

Drag a Mii into the Envelope

Pick the person from your friend list to whom you want to send it.

Other Miis will appear in the parade over time, as long as they are set to "Mingle".
Posted By: jakewash Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 05/05/07 01:05 AM
Finally added Cam. So just wondering how many Miis everyone has in their Parades? I am at 58. I only have 3 others registered on my Wii besides those on this forum.
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 05/08/07 04:08 PM
I saw that yesterday! Right now I have 4 Miis in my parade and I also have one that was sent to me directly (Tom's).
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 05/08/07 04:17 PM
I only have forum folks registered; I think I have about 58 Miis in the parade. I need to clean up the plaza because my irritating kids keep building freaks.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 05/10/07 08:39 AM
Quote:

I need to clean up the plaza because my irritating kids keep building freaks.

You too! I am constantly removing or at least renaming some of the ones my kids do when they have friends over.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 05/17/07 02:55 AM
So what is everyone playing at the momment. I have been too busy and haven't started anything new.
Posted By: Spoiler Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 05/17/07 11:29 AM
Well I actually finished Zelda a couple of weeks ago (The main plot... not all side quests. Man is the game huge!).

A friend of mine's wife acheived what is apparently the highest possible score in WiiSports tennis: 2399. We're both in our 40's! and yes, we have lives.
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 05/17/07 12:20 PM
I've just finished Super Paper Mario and I will start Zelda this weekend. I play Wii Sports occasionaly but not enough to acheive such a high score!

ps. By the way I only have Tom and Jakewash verified, I'm still waiting for the others (oldskoolboarder,dan...) to answer back... Wake up guys!!
Posted By: samandnoah Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 05/17/07 05:06 PM
Yeah, I suck! I'm behind in adding folks, but haven't really played the wii in several weeks either. My apologies, I will add everyone on here that I haven't added yet.

As to games, I'm still stuck in Excite Truck. I love the game, but have stalled out on the Gold Tracks in Super Excite even though I've earned the Monster Truck.

I got Tiger Woods, and have played a little. Haven't really gotten into it yet.

Rich
Posted By: jakewash Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 05/17/07 07:15 PM
Excite is still my regular game when I do finally play. My 7 yr old still beats me most times when playing head to head but I get better times when racing alone, go figure.
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 05/17/07 08:11 PM
I'm planning on getting Tiger Woods 07 also. Does it work in the same way as Wii Sports (golf) for the controls (swing etc...)?
Posted By: samandnoah Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 05/18/07 05:19 PM
Conceptually, the swing, etc are very similar btw Wii Sports golf and Tiger Woods. But TW gives you more control and many more options.

I've never owned a TW game before, but have played it a couple of times at other people's homes. I get the sense that TW old-timers don't love the Wii version because it's missing some options they have gotten onother platforms.

Personally, I didn't love how the Wii Sports golf actually played. I felt like I never got the swing of it (yes, pun intended), particularly putting. People still complain about the controls of TW golf, but I find it *much* better. The few tips/tricks I've learned:
- I actually swing much better just using one arm. I keep my eye on the screen, and have developed a nice, smooth, and consistent swing (for the most part!).
- While you're getting ready to swing, WATCH THE SCREEN. If you see your golfer start to move, let go of the B button. Otherwise, you'll get out of sync and do something other than you intended, usually underhitting the ball. Little twitches while you're setting up can make the controller think you've started to swing.
- When you're addressing the ball, make sure your golfer has the club in a good spot. I was surprised to figure out that when you press the B button to get ready to swing *does* matter. Sometimes you're positioned a little above the ball rather than solidly "beneath" it. [I'm not a golfer in real life, and I'm sure it shows in my describing all this!]. So press and let go of the B button a couple of times to see where the club head is relative to the ball.
- When playing with new folks, I recommend turning mulligans on. We've developed house rules (when my father-in-law comes to town) where if you have a horrible shot because of the user interface interaction (like the issue mentioned above) that you are allowed to take the mulligan. It is pretty obvious when that is the case because of the onscreen golfer and person being out of sync. It does NOT get used for just a plain old crappy shot!

Overall, I enjoy the game, and come back to it for short bursts when I've got some time, or when some other people are around.

Rich
Posted By: samandnoah Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 05/19/07 04:39 PM
skyhawk, I've now added you. Sorry for the delay!
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 05/21/07 02:25 PM
I noticed!! I already got an extra Mii in the parade.

Does it take a long time for Miis to start showing up? I have 5 so far.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/05/08 07:09 PM
Did you guys load the Check Mii Out channel?

I imported some very impressive freaks from there, and am looking forward to seeing Mr. T play some left field in baseball.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/05/08 09:35 PM
I quite liked one of the Bowsers and my youngest son has entered a number of the contests, a couple of them even looked pretty close.
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Let's share Wii Connect/Friend Codes! - 02/06/08 05:23 PM
Yes I did too and there's some amazing designs out there! I don't think I could do as good of a job...
© Axiom Message Boards