Axiom Home Page
Posted By: spiffnme Oh my... - 02/18/07 08:32 AM
What's next?

The sad thing is...there are 4 bids.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Oh my... - 02/18/07 09:32 AM
Craig, what's next are these beauties from his site for those audiophiles experiencing "metallurgical spring tension problems" on their tube dampening devices.
Posted By: RickF Re: Oh my... - 02/18/07 09:50 AM
Wow, and to think we have had a couple of folks posting here on the forums about removing objects from the ports of their Axioms. If they only knew.

Posted By: Wid Re: Oh my... - 02/18/07 02:49 PM

Simply amazing
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Oh my... - 02/18/07 04:04 PM
What I find interesting about these crazy things is that some of them are actually based upon some scientific logic, but in practice, just don't make a difference. Now, putting rocks and some powder inside my speakers? I think not....
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Oh my... - 02/18/07 04:47 PM
Quote:

these crazy things is that some of them are actually based upon some scientific logic, but in practice, just don't make a difference.

Actually nick, if you think about it, adding rocks to the inside of a cabinet will reduce the cabinet volume, increase the interior density (say compared to the usual baffling that is used for dampening) and likely alter the sound.
Could you imagine if one were to pour concrete inside the entire speaker box itself?
What would it sound like then?
Probably not much.

But for a hundred bucks for some cheap quartz rock, the city of Sudbury (home of former INCO- International Nickel Company, now CVRD-INCO) could sell billions to the industry.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Oh my... - 02/18/07 11:16 PM
I wonder if they will work in my cd player too.

Reminds me of the guy who poured a bunch of sand in his preamp and got it all in the volume controls and stuff IIRC.
Posted By: INANE Re: Oh my... - 02/21/07 05:12 AM
Thx, I totally got a laugh out of that one... needed it today too.

Posted By: millerbrad Re: Oh my... - 02/21/07 07:18 AM
Wow.. someone's actually buying that.

Shame... they could've used that money for some nice Anti-Cables...

[runs and hides]
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Oh my... - 02/22/07 02:11 AM
Forget the rocks. Just look at that port!

Posted By: chesseroo Re: Oh my... - 02/22/07 02:18 AM
YES, good port.
© Axiom Message Boards