Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CV The Audio Critic reviews Spherex Xbox 5.1 - 06/10/07 08:02 AM
I had a second system until a few months ago, and I'd used the Spherex Xbox 5.1 Surround Sound System on it for a while. I was fairly impressed with it. I never found it powerful enough for my main system, but I liked it on my second system, and I would find myself listening to music on it more than on my Polks. Then I got into Axiom, and my second system was dismantled with different pieces going to different people. I just recently gave away my computer speakers, too, and wasn't looking forward to having no sound until the Axiom computer speakers come out. Then I remembered I had this system just sitting around. I hooked it up, and a couple of days later I find a review of it on The Audio Critic.

I was surprised to see a new review of it, and I was even more surprised to find out the going price was only $200 (it first came out at $500, which is what I bought it at) and Peter Aczel actually liked it. I wouldn't have recommended it at $500, but $200 does seem like a steal for a full surround system of decent quality. If you have a small space that you would like a 5.1 system in, I would suggest looking into it. Here's the review.
Posted By: JohnK Re: The Audio Critic reviews Spherex Xbox 5.1 - 06/11/07 02:19 AM
Yeah CTV, very interesting review by Mr. Aczel, as has been most of his stuff that I've read over the years. Someone looking for a very low-cost setup should certainly consider it.
© Axiom Message Boards