Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ray3 REE-tired!!!! - 08/03/07 09:57 PM
At 1:30 PM today, I left Xerox Corporation to fend for themselves as I begin what I hope will be the most enjoyable phase of my life. I am thrilled beyond belief!!!!
Posted By: Wid Re: REE-tired!!!! - 08/03/07 10:08 PM

Here's to ya Ray . A huge congrats are in order.
Posted By: Ajax Re: REE-tired!!!! - 08/03/07 10:11 PM
HEY! I thought they were supposed to let you out last Friday. Here, this entire week, I've been thinking of you as a free man, spending your days on the golf course and your evenings stretched out in front of the Plasma, sipping mint juleps, and being waited on hand and foot by your lovely and devoted slave, Debbie. (Hope I'm not in too much trouble with that comment )

Regardless, congratulations my friend. Enjoy yourself. You've earned it.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: REE-tired!!!! - 08/03/07 10:33 PM
Ray, don't you mean "Re-Tard"?

Warmest congratulations, my friend.

Quote:

sipping mint juleps

Sipping? Are we talking about the same guy, Jack?

Ray, best wishes to you for many happy, healthy years of doing whatever Debbie tells you that you want to do.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: REE-tired!!!! - 08/03/07 10:37 PM
Congrats, Ray! It couldn't have happened to an older, err, nicer guy! Does that mean you're going to be hanging out here more, or does that mean the golf courses are going to be well trodden?
Posted By: chesseroo Re: REE-tired!!!! - 08/03/07 10:58 PM
Excellent news Ray.
I can only wonder if my friend in TO who is now a lawyer for Xerox will be retiring soon. He's only 34 but i understand they pay well.
Posted By: Mojo Re: REE-tired!!!! - 08/03/07 11:47 PM
Congratulations! I now have two heroes. Homedad and you !
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: REE-tired!!!! - 08/04/07 12:21 AM
Wow, congrats Ray!!

By the way, I give you permission to dropkick Tom for his comment. . .

. . .it was pretty funny, though!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: REE-tired!!!! - 08/04/07 12:50 AM
Congratulations, Ray! I hope to retire before I look as old as you, but we'll have to see what happens.
Posted By: JohnK Re: REE-tired!!!! - 08/04/07 01:28 AM
Very good, Ray; hope that you have your retirement financial plan in good order. I suppose that this means though that I'd better get rid of all my Xerox stock.
Posted By: jakeman Re: REE-tired!!!! - 08/04/07 03:47 AM
Quote:

At 1:30 PM today, I left Xerox Corporation to fend for themselves as I begin what I hope will be the most enjoyable phase of my life. I am thrilled beyond belief!!!!

NO such thing as retirement Ray. That's just code for leaving your day job and freeing up your time to do what you please. I suspect you will be busier than ever now. So when are you coming up to Toronto?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: REE-tired!!!! - 08/04/07 03:58 AM
That is wonderful Ray, I hope you enjoy your retirement by enjoying your other hobbies and interests. I always wanted to retire at 40, better happen this year.

Back in the early 90's my dad took advantage of an early retirement program that John Deere offered. He was one of their Sr Buyers for 25+years. He fishes a lot, plays a lot of golf, and meets up at the grocery store deli each morning for breakfast to talk to the other retirees.

Funny thing is he actually went back for a few years through a contractor service as they could not run the place. The good thing about that is he could tell them to shove it anytime he wanted.
Posted By: sonicfox Re: REE-tired!!!! - 08/04/07 05:24 AM
Hmmm...I always thought golfing and enjoying your gorgeous home theater was your profession, and that your actual "job" was something you did in your spare time. I didn't realize it was the other way around! Congratulations, Ray!
Posted By: nickbuol Re: REE-tired!!!! - 08/04/07 06:04 AM
Quote:

Hey congrats! How long were you with Xerox? I am on year 2 with a one of your (former) competitors, Lexmark. ANy inside secrets you want to share, just shoot me a PM.
Posted By: Zarak Re: REE-tired!!!! - 08/04/07 12:03 PM
Great to hear Ray. More time for golf during the 3 month warm season up there in Rochester, and for home theather during the other 9! Good thing you have your man cave all setup down in the basement. I have a feeling you'll be spending a lot of time there.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: REE-tired!!!! - 08/04/07 01:41 PM
Congratulations, Ray!

A shudder was heard from short par-5's throughout the Northeast!

Enjoy, Dude!
Posted By: Spoiler Re: REE-tired!!!! - 08/04/07 05:27 PM
Congrats Ray! I've been with Xerox for nearly 23 years, and I can't WAIT to retire! What was your position?
Posted By: Ajax Re: REE-tired!!!! - 08/04/07 05:29 PM
Horizontal, on the office sofa, as much possible.
Posted By: Spoiler Re: REE-tired!!!! - 08/04/07 09:09 PM
Hmm, small world.... me too!
Posted By: Ray3 Re: REE-tired!!!! - 08/04/07 11:16 PM
Sorry for the delay in responding; I played in the first day of our senior club championship today. I am punishing the driver by putting it in the dark basement by itself and spent most of the day verbally abusing the putter. My chances for tomorrow don't look good. But hey - I don't have to go to work anymore, so who cares!!!

BTW - thanks for all the nice comments. Left after 28 1/2 years (2 of them effective) and spent the last 20 years negotiating contracts with our major account customers. I've had all I need - believe me.

Immediate plans lead me to the golf course, but the comments above about doing what I like to do are pretty accurate, including hanging out with you hooligans a bit more.

John - coming to Roch anytime soon?

Jack - you owe me an email (read my last one to you).
Posted By: Ajax Re: REE-tired!!!! - 08/04/07 11:59 PM
Sorry Ray, The mind is going fast. I'm just hoping I can still find your last email. I gotta remember to delete your work email address from my address book, or some stranger at Xerox will be reading my pithy musings.
Posted By: BrenR Re: REE-tired!!!! - 08/05/07 08:39 AM
Happy Retardation, Ray!

Now you have time to drive across the continent and meet us all.

Bren R.
Posted By: littleb Re: REE-tired!!!! - 08/05/07 02:15 PM
Congratulations, Ray. I'm sure this will be a well deserved bogie on the back nine, er, I mean retardament.
Quote:

Now you have time to drive across the continent and meet us all.

Now there's an idea for a retired fellow.
Rent a van, buy every major Axiom product.
Drive across the country meeting fellow Axiomites and providing in home comparisons of any Axiom product that any of us ever wondered about.

Hmm, come to think of it, maybe Amie could send one of the factory kids on a joy ride...

List of things to bring:
  • A/B/X switching unit with SPL controls
  • AVR (one Denon and one H/K)
  • One separate amp of quality (say like the Axiom used Brystons for comparison)
  • 2 CDPs (a 1990's Sony and a 2007 Lexicon, again for sh[ts and giggles comparison)
  • Alan Lofft tied up in the rear
  • Case of beer and 4 bottles of wine from a local brewery/vineyard from every previous state/province travelled
  • Two sets of cables (garden variety and some stupidly expensive Nordost)
  • One pair of M80s, M60s, M50s, M3s, M22s, M2s, and 2 each of the EP500s and EP600s all in various new wood finishes for display, plus a show of the new in-walls and outdoors
  • A prototype of the new A4000-A5-8.1-07 amp
  • pmbuko tied up in the rear next to alan

Chess, I nominate you for "Best Idea Ever."

Ray, can you swing by my place first?
Posted By: Mojo Re: REE-tired!!!! An Axiom road trip for all??? - 08/05/07 03:57 PM
That is such a great idea! A mobile demo room. I'd love to have a job like that.
How about instead of a van, this person could borrow Ian's jet? Would be a great reason to finally purchase the thing, eh?
Posted By: Ray3 Re: REE-tired!!!! An Axiom road trip for all??? - 08/06/07 01:02 AM
Chess - great idea. I may be confused, but I didn't see anuything in the list about the funding required. Did I just miss it?
Funny how peter never balked at the tied up part but was rather focused on getting a jet ride.
Ray, clearly i would expect the cost of such an event to come solely out of the pocket of Bren. I thought that was clear.

Posted By: Ray3 Re: REE-tired!!!! An Axiom road trip for all??? - 08/06/07 10:47 PM
I can get behind that Chess!
Sounds like a good plan to me.
Posted By: RickF Re: REE-tired!!!! - 08/07/07 12:49 AM
Congrats on your ree-tirement Ray!
I hear Bren kicks so you tie his legs before getting behind him.
Quote:

I hear Bren kicks so you tie his legs before getting behind him.

That costs extra.

Bren R.
KINKY!
Posted By: BBIBH Re: REE-tired!!!! - 08/07/07 07:29 PM
Congrats Ray...well deserved I am sure!!
© Axiom Message Boards