Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CV TMNT - 08/12/07 02:20 AM
I got TMNT on Blu-ray (would have liked to support HD DVD, but I hate the prices on those combo versions), and yeah, it's beautiful, especially the fight in the rain.

My mom didn't want to watch it, but I wanted to show it off, anyway, so I showed her that scene. When the scene was ending, I paused it and said, "Pretty, huh?" She asked why I stopped it. She actually wanted to watch the movie at that point. Ha ha.

I've got some other movies to check out now. Fun stuff!
Posted By: CV Re: TMNT - 08/12/07 06:16 AM
Hellboy on Blu-ray is another one I bought at the same time. I watched that tonight, and it's funny about a couple of similarities with TMNT. TMNT had a similar use for the garbage trucks, and also had monsters from space with access to our world via an energy beam-style portal. I do love a good portal.
Posted By: Murph Re: TMNT - 08/13/07 02:53 PM
I just couldn't figure it out. I had to Google "Movie TMNT".
Then a laugh followed my "DOH!"
Posted By: snakeyes Re: TMNT - 08/13/07 03:28 PM
Quote:

I just couldn't figure it out. I had to Google "Movie TMNT".
Then a laugh followed my "DOH!"

Too funny after reading the title i was thinking arrg i hate message boards. Why do people initial the titles of all movies. Then while adding stuff to my blockbuster queue i saw the TMNT title and I laughed at myself too.
Jake
Posted By: nickbuol Re: TMNT - 08/13/07 04:38 PM
So is the movie any good? I know it gets OK ratings at IMDB --> TMNT at IMDB
Critics at Yahoo don't like it much rating it a 'C', but users give it a 'B' --> TMNT at Yahoo Movies
Posted By: CV Re: TMNT - 08/13/07 05:39 PM
I had some problems with the movie, but nothing made me not enjoy it. It didn't feel like there was enough of a conflict, and the end seemed to happen too fast, but I guess I was just happy it wasn't total crap. There were some genuinely funny moments, and I hope they make another CG Turtles movie. It definitely concentrated on Leonardo and Raphael, with very little for Donatello and Michelangelo (or Michaelangelo? I thought they corrected it to Michelangelo, but maybe they retained the original misspelling) to do. Even though they were involved in the action, you saw very little of Donatello, and I can't think of ANY times I saw Michelangelo using his nunchakus.

So yeah, the story was a little lean, but I still enjoyed it, and I definitely like showing off that fight scene in the rain, as well as the skateboarding scene.
© Axiom Message Boards