Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Murph Couldn't resist for 200 bucks - 10/05/07 04:51 PM
Just broke down and bought a Toshiba A-2 for $199. Our DVD player was getting 'weird' (technospeak for having to reinsert a DVD a couple of times before it would read it properly.)

I was going to buy a less expensive, normal DVD player until something changed in the HD vs. BR war, but for $200, I figured I might as well say "what the hell".

I know it's the gimped model as far as some features go but I'm not the type of guy to do any more with a rented movie than watch the movie. I haven't looked at an 'extra' since DVDs started coming out.

Came with three free movies too, but you don't get to pick. Oh well, I get to enjoy it right away without pushing the immediate total price over 200.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Couldn't resist for 200 bucks - 10/05/07 04:53 PM
Congrats!
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Couldn't resist for 200 bucks - 10/05/07 05:00 PM
Congrats and welcome to the future \:\)
Posted By: CV Re: Couldn't resist for 200 bucks - 10/05/07 05:09 PM
Awesome.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Couldn't resist for 200 bucks - 10/05/07 08:48 PM
Congrats, Murph. Where did you buy it?
Posted By: richeydog Re: Couldn't resist for 200 bucks - 10/05/07 10:12 PM
Since he's in Canada I'm guessing Future Shop? I swear I read about it on AVS yesterday...
Posted By: avdude Re: Couldn't resist for 200 bucks - 10/06/07 04:32 PM
Future shop had it on sale yesterday for this price.. One day only sale..
Posted By: Murph Re: Couldn't resist for 200 bucks - 10/09/07 11:12 AM
Correct I did break down and buy it at Future Shop. I did call another local smaller shop that I prefer to deal with but they no longer carried the A2, otherwise they would have price matched and they actually would have understood the conversation when I had to tell the sales guy at FutureS hop that it did NOT do 1080p as he casually mentioned.

My TV only does 1080i so I was fine with it the limitations and I knew what I was buying but the whole reason I didn't say where I bought it, is because I hate encouraging anybody to go shop there. I honestly don't think they are dishonest, just uneducated about what they sell.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Couldn't resist for 200 bucks - 10/09/07 02:11 PM
you are about to enter a world of crisp clarity...congrats!!!
© Axiom Message Boards