Axiom Home Page
Posted By: real80sman Free Wii Remote Jacket Offer - 10/10/07 12:01 AM
Free Wii Remote Jacket Offer
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Free Wii Remote Jacket Offer - 10/10/07 12:30 AM
Thanks!
Posted By: jakewash Re: Free Wii Remote Jacket Offer - 10/10/07 12:35 AM
Mine are on order but they say they are not shipping till the 15th.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Free Wii Remote Jacket Offer - 10/10/07 12:44 AM
Why do your Wiis need prophylactics?
Posted By: Spoiler Re: Free Wii Remote Jacket Offer - 10/10/07 01:33 AM
The Wii-motes have a smooth surface..I believe there have been instances where the remotes fly out of peoples hands if they're not wearing the straps. The jackets will provide a better grip.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Free Wii Remote Jacket Offer - 10/10/07 02:33 AM
 Originally Posted By: Mojo
Why do your Wiis need prophylactics?

To protect from STDs. Slippery Thrown Device, that is.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Free Wii Remote Jacket Offer - 10/10/07 05:40 AM
This whole Wii remote thing is starting to get pretty funny. First they replace the straps because they were breaking and the remotes were flying through TV's and people.
Now they have come up with a cover for the remote, to do what soften the blow? So next year every Wii will be released with a helmet and a shield, or perhaps a warning label to tell consumers that getting to excited during game play may be hazardous to yours and others health. \:D
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Free Wii Remote Jacket Offer - 10/10/07 05:44 AM
 Quote:
. . .perhaps a warning label to tell consumers that getting to excited during game play may be hazardous. . .

Maybe Nintendo should try to reach a different demographic. Something along the lines of Wii Shuffleboard.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Free Wii Remote Jacket Offer - 10/10/07 11:30 PM
Well, I think it's past time to acknowledge that the form factor of the Wiimote is a "design flaw". I dig the Wii, but all these mitigating measures are starting to add up.

I think they should make some kind of controller "glove".
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Free Wii Remote Jacket Offer - 10/10/07 11:40 PM
Something like this?

Although it appears that this wikipedia entry has been severely redacted to make that item look much better than I have read it to be...
Posted By: jakewash Re: Free Wii Remote Jacket Offer - 10/11/07 12:35 AM
That's too funny I was just talking to a co-worker about the old power glove and he said they need to bring it back, as it might actually work with todays technology.

On a different tangent for all of you with out Wiiconnect on there is an update today that allows a USB keyboard to be used with the WII.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Free Wii Remote Jacket Offer - 10/11/07 04:13 PM
Yeah, Ken, something like that \:\)

Thanks for the tip, Jason. The ability to use a wireless USB keyboard might be magic for embracing the Opera browser. Cool.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Free Wii Remote Jacket Offer - 10/11/07 10:06 PM
I've been using Opera for the last 4 years but I think now I'm gonna dump it. It's too bloated and it keeps shutting down and freezing up on me. It's become bloatware.
Posted By: CV Re: Free Wii Remote Jacket Offer - 10/12/07 03:21 AM
 Originally Posted By: Mojo
I've been using Opera for the last 4 years but I think now I'm gonna dump it. It's too bloated and it keeps shutting down and freezing up on me. It's become bloatware.

And this is where the fat lady sings.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Free Wii Remote Jacket Offer - 10/12/07 03:34 AM
Opera on the WII is a much lighter version. It seems to work quite well. I hope to try the keyboard when I get home tonight/morning which ever you want to call 2:30AM.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Free Wii Remote Jacket Offer - 10/12/07 03:38 AM
So I guess if I want to continue using Opera, I should get a Wii :-).
Posted By: jakewash Re: Free Wii Remote Jacket Offer - 10/12/07 08:31 AM
I'm pretty sure your son would like it!
Posted By: jakewash Re: Free Wii Remote Jacket Offer - 10/15/07 05:49 AM
Well I amsitting in my HT area and typing this on my Keyboard hooked up to the WII! This is a nice feature. You do have to go back and redownload the updated Browser and Everybody votes channel fo rthis to work. It is not quite as good as a PC but a little more comfortable. The keyboard is only for use instead of the Ninetendo on-screen one that pops up when you need to enter text. The Wiimote is still used for navigation.
© Axiom Message Boards