Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Wid wma converter? - 11/21/07 08:23 PM

I have been trying to find a wma converter to downsize some files to put on my wifes 1G mp3 player. For the life of me I can't figure out how to get this done.

Does anyone know of any free software to do this. I want to go from 256wma to 64 or 96wma.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: wma converter? - 11/21/07 08:30 PM
http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/
Posted By: Wid Re: wma converter? - 11/21/07 09:24 PM
I have tried downloading it a few times but it is not responding. I'll try it again later.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: wma converter? - 11/21/07 09:55 PM
I think "winamp" is also free and allows you to do a lot of stuff. Never worked with it though.
Posted By: Wid Re: wma converter? - 11/21/07 09:57 PM

Thanks, I'll check into it.
Posted By: HAY Re: wma converter? - 11/22/07 06:49 AM
I'm not the best to answer this but what O/S are you using? I just took a quick look at Windows Media Player and I'm using Windows XP Media Edition and it appears you can right click on your song/album and choose, Send to, Windows Audio Converter

From there you get the following...I hope this helps.

Posted By: EFalardeau Re: wma converter? - 11/22/07 10:15 AM
Good point. In windows, at lest XP, you can actually convert from the windows explorer itself! Right-click on the file and I think there are options right there.
Posted By: Wid Re: wma converter? - 11/22/07 01:18 PM

I do have XP and my nephew had told me the same thing but when I right click the song (file) I don't get that option.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: wma converter? - 11/22/07 01:21 PM
Do youy have it from Media Player?
Posted By: Wid Re: wma converter? - 11/22/07 02:13 PM

I do have media player but for some reason I can't do the converting through WMP.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: wma converter? - 11/22/07 02:19 PM
Okay... Then definitely try to download Media Coder.
Posted By: Wid Re: wma converter? - 11/22/07 02:46 PM

Will do, thanks.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: wma converter? - 11/22/07 03:29 PM
I use dBpoweramp Music Converter. It is very highly regarded, and you can convert files into different formats including AC3 (Dolby Digital), number of channels, CD-quality, DVD quality etc. An excellent resource for any software is http://www.download.com. It has reviews and ratings from other users. I highly recommend you check that program out.
© Axiom Message Boards