Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BrenR Christmas gift ideas... - 12/07/07 08:02 PM
I'm appealing to the older guys in the audience... dunno what to get my dad for Christmas... since he just (semi-)retired and has more time to himself, looking at picking him up a bunch of old B-horror movies... and when I say old... I don't mean 1990s remakes... I mean the ones he used to be allowed to sit in on at the theatre and watch when my grandmother worked as a cleaning lady in one.

I could just look through the IMDB for Lon Chaney Jr. or Vincent Price, but having actual feedback would probably be a lot better.

I have a pretty good knowledge of the cult-classics like "From Hell It Came" and "Carnival of Souls" and stuff... but he gets a laugh out of the rubber-suited monster ones...

Any ideas?

Bren R.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Christmas gift ideas... - 12/07/07 09:17 PM
The original and for that matter 80's? release of Swamp Thing is always fun, I loved all the old Godzilla movies, not horror I know but fun to watch.
Posted By: a401classic Re: Christmas gift ideas... - 12/08/07 01:11 AM
Not sure how to recommend movies for someone I don't know, but I played Secret Santa to my Dad and upgraded him to Rosewood VaSSallo M3's. You can read about it here http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=179038#Post179038
They look great in his office and he's thrilled with the SQ.

Scott
Posted By: BrenR Re: Christmas gift ideas... - 12/08/07 06:35 AM
 Originally Posted By: jakewash
The original and for that matter 80's? release of Swamp Thing is always fun, I loved all the old Godzilla movies, not horror I know but fun to watch.
There was an original Swamp Thing?!?

Bren R.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Christmas gift ideas... - 12/08/07 04:48 PM
This is a good site for vintage and classic movies and such. TCM
© Axiom Message Boards