Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Worfzara Magazine and Online Pro Reviews. - 12/18/07 04:52 PM
If I had a dime for every time I read in the conclusion of a speaker review "they sounded as good as speakers twice or many times their price).

This seems to be in every review I read (including Axiom's).

Is there a magazine that dares to give a bad review? Why can't an audio journalist just come out and say "I didn't like the sound of these speakers, don't buy them". Or is it possbile all speakers sound more than many times their price and consumer can't go wrong with what ever they buy, as far as the magazines are concerned?

What gives?

Paul
Posted By: jakeman Re: Magazine and Online Pro Reviews. - 12/18/07 06:00 PM
Audio magazines companies are in business to make money. They can't get repeatable advertising revenues with negative reviews. Still if you read carefully and get to know the reviewer's writing style you can figure out which ones he really likes and which products he is going through the motions.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Magazine and Online Pro Reviews. - 12/18/07 06:15 PM
Also, there are a LOT more overly expensive speakers than good ones, so that statement is almost always true! \:\)
Posted By: Worfzara Re: Magazine and Online Pro Reviews. - 12/18/07 07:42 PM
I guess it's not wise to bite the hand that feeds you.

I never really though of it, but this probably extends past audio video to just about any product magazine, cars, boats, aircraft, etc. Never give a bad review, even if it's not a great product.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Magazine and Online Pro Reviews. - 12/18/07 08:53 PM
Usually if you look at the cons vs the pros for a given product that will tell you whether or not the reviewer liked it.
© Axiom Message Boards