Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ken.C DVI USB KVM -- and maybe other acronyms! - 12/30/07 05:15 PM
Anyone know of a good DVI/USB KVM? Preferably under $200. I've found some nice, cheap DVI switchers at monoprice, but they're PS/2. My mouse and kb (see?) are USB. The resolution I need (at the moment) is 1680x1050, which may make things more difficult.
Posted By: CV Re: DVI USB KVM -- and maybe other acronyms! - 12/30/07 05:23 PM
Don't you have any USB to PS/2 adapters lying around? I mean, I have ones that came with my mice, but I guess I don't have any that came with keyboards.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: DVI USB KVM -- and maybe other acronyms! - 12/30/07 05:30 PM
I might, but then I lose the special features the keyboard/mouse have (I think). It's a Logitech MX700 and a Microsoft Natural 4000.

Plus, I hate PS/2.
Posted By: CV Re: DVI USB KVM -- and maybe other acronyms! - 12/30/07 05:33 PM
Ha ha, all right. Hopefully someone else knows something.
I remember researching this a while ago...and through the USB in the KVM switcher some features were lost, unfortunately.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: DVI USB KVM -- and maybe other acronyms! - 12/30/07 09:23 PM
Oh yeah, that's right--I have the same problem with my current VGA KVM. Shoot. The way I'm getting around it there is that it also has a switchable USB hub, which doesn't toast the connections. Hrm.
© Axiom Message Boards