Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Haoleb Stick on feet template - 01/09/08 12:46 AM
This is totally out of no where but what would be involved to make little paper templates that could be sent out with the bookshelf speakers to put the little rubber bumpers in the proper place on each one. I ended up using the bigger black bumpers that came with our center and qs8's on my M3's vs the little clear ones that came with them. And I just eyeballed it and stuck them on there but....

It would be one of those things you look at and think wow they really put alot of thought into these. Cant imagine it would cost much more to add something like that. maybe 25 cents a speaker? Just an idea \:\)
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Stick on feet template - 01/09/08 04:54 AM
There is such a thing as overkill, you know.

On the other hand, I detect a marketing opportunity. You should get to work and research all manufacturers who supply stick-on feet for their products without telling you exactly where to put them and then come up with templates for those products specifying the ideal placement for each foot. If you sell the templates for a reasonable price -- say cost + 50% markup -- you could be sipping top-shelf mai tais with the other rich haoles in about 20 years.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Stick on feet template - 01/09/08 06:01 AM
No, I think if i am to achieve that dream I am going to have to come up with something really stupid that only costs $19.99 and I'll even throw in a second one for free.
© Axiom Message Boards