Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SirQuack Van Halen Tour - 02/05/08 01:51 AM
Just curious if anyone has been to one of the 2007 or 2008 concerts yet. I'll be in the 20th row at Wednesday nights Van Halen concert at Wells Fargo Arena here in Des Moines, should be an awesome night...
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Van Halen Tour - 02/05/08 04:19 AM
Hey Randy, you've have to give us a full report afterwards. I was thinking about going, but found out that it would be on a night that I am going to be in Chicago for work.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Van Halen Tour - 02/05/08 04:38 AM
don't get snowed in over in the windy city Nick, another big one is moving in.... \:\)
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Van Halen Tour - 02/05/08 07:12 PM
Randy,
A friend of mine saw them in Vancouver in December 07. He decided to go at the last minute but said it was definitely worth it. Eddie is obviously a lot healthier than the last time around. Be prepared as it is really loud!
Cheers,
Shaun
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Van Halen Tour - 02/06/08 02:07 AM
Just like the 80's all over again. \:\)
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Van Halen Tour - 02/06/08 05:08 PM
Local firm Research In Motion (RIM of blackberry fame) had VH for the Christmas party in Toronto at the ACC.

Typical old VH form the '80's, check out the You Tube video's as they really are trapped in the past - in my opinion.

I heard on a news/entertainment channel that Eddie has fallen off the wagon again
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Van Halen Tour - 02/07/08 08:47 PM
Went to the concert last night, they played pretty much non stop for 2.5 hrs. It was an awesome concert and I enjoyed it better than some of the 80's VH concerts I attended.

Eddie was far from falling off the wagon, he was in top form as was the rest of the crew.

I highly encourage anyone to go to one of their 2008 stops if possible, you won't regret it one bit.
Posted By: real80sman Re: Van Halen Tour - 02/07/08 09:15 PM
How cool would it be to go to your company Christmas party and have a private performance by VanHalen?
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Van Halen Tour - 02/08/08 01:36 AM
While I don't work there, tickets and invites were easy to come by.

They looked like an old version of themselves....meaning same stuff as the '80s, but slower and rambling.

The Tragically Hip opened and were good.

This is not new, as RIM has hosted Xmas events of similar magnitude in the past for employees.
© Axiom Message Boards