Axiom Home Page
Posted By: arcticair anyone seen this before? - 03/05/08 01:35 AM
Hi everyone! Found this monster sitting beside a dumpster today. I normly would never take something from the trash but this i just had to check out!

It seems like it some kind of bussiness projector but i'v never seen anything like it before!

I tried Google but no luck? Anyone here ever seen one before or tell me something about it?

Thanks

Posted By: Ken.C Re: anyone seen this before? - 03/05/08 01:38 AM
Does it turn on?
Posted By: arcticair Re: anyone seen this before? - 03/05/08 01:46 AM
Power cord is cut off ? Not sure if thats why it was tossed out?
Posted By: terzaghi Re: anyone seen this before? - 03/05/08 03:47 AM
 Originally Posted By: arcticair
Found this monster sitting beside a dumpster today..... Anyone here ever seen one before or tell me something about it?

I think it is an engine.. Or at least the size of one.

My guess is that it was used to power vehicles that were once driven by creatures that previously inhabited the earth.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: anyone seen this before? - 03/05/08 04:02 AM
The closest that I could find was a Sharpvision XV-H30U. The inputs are different though. Here is an auction for one overseas...

XV-H30U

Posted By: nickbuol Re: anyone seen this before? - 03/05/08 04:05 AM
Scratch that. It is a Sharp XV-A1Z. I had to look really close at one of your more distant pictures, but it is there. These came out in 1991 I believe, so there will be little or no information (at least in English) can be found about it.

Posted By: terzaghi Re: anyone seen this before? - 03/05/08 04:08 AM
well there goes my theory....
Posted By: arcticair Re: anyone seen this before? - 03/05/08 04:51 AM
Had some fun tearing it open. I was thinking that the build year was 1995 judging by the model # 95-5258

I managed to install another power cord and power it up. Seems there's no life left in the lamp.

The 2 Fans turn on and thats it. I did only let it run for 2 min so maybe it has a longer warm up time?

It is interesting that its so hard to find on the internet? Very rare i guess? The first $1000 takes it!!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: anyone seen this before? - 03/05/08 04:57 AM
you could probaly find a new lamp for about 2-300 bucks.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: anyone seen this before? - 03/05/08 05:02 AM
What kind of inputs does it have? I can't really tell.
Posted By: arcticair Re: anyone seen this before? - 03/05/08 05:20 AM
Few more pics. I thought the name BS was kinda funny?

Posted By: CV Re: anyone seen this before? - 03/05/08 05:26 AM
I have to say it's refreshing to come in and see a thread about garbage instead of the usual heady think tank discussions this board is known for.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: anyone seen this before? - 03/05/08 05:28 AM
\:D

Sometimes we like to challenge ourselves.
Posted By: arcticair Re: anyone seen this before? - 03/06/08 02:28 AM
 Originally Posted By: CV
I have to say it's refreshing to come in and see a thread about garbage instead of the usual heady think tank discussions this board is known for.

This is the water cooler forums !

And its not garbage its trash!

This is what someone on another site found out about it.

April, 1991 High-Resolution LCD Video Projector Sharp XV-S1Z: 650,000 pixel resolution.

That's actually near XGA res. Must have been some Japanese pixel configuration. Not bad for 1991.

Now that I think about it, Japan has had analog HD since the 90s though the resolution was different than the digital ATSC standard we have now and the aspect ratio was 5x3. This is probably made for that purpose. Kind of like those "quarter HD" projectors that were out here for a while (960x540).

Posted By: Murph Re: anyone seen this before? - 03/06/08 12:58 PM
Won't do HD but it might be useful for projecting scary images onto your neighbors house.

I remember taking hours to perfect a tiny ghost shape on a piece of cardboard that we taped over the lens of my uncles slide projector to freak my aunt out. It worked a little too well and we got in a little too much trouble.

A more modern take might be an alien face or something.
© Axiom Message Boards